A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Mix setting on music getting reset every car start

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mix setting on music getting reset every car start

Personally I always listen to my music on Mix (from my iPod).

However, with the 3G MMI every time I start the car the Mix setting is reset.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean mix is turned off, or it just doesn't remember which songs it had played. Reset would be annoying.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shahineo
Personally I always listen to my music on Mix (from my iPod).

However, with the 3G MMI every time I start the car the Mix setting is reset.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?
There is no workaround, that's unfortunately just the way it is.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've always hates how the shuffle feature shuffles all songs, not just selected playlists or artists. I, like the OP, enjoy listening to my iphone on mix, but I have a lot of crap on it that i don't exactly want to listen to on every drive, I wish i could just shuffle some of the playlists that I have (Some are in excess of 400 songs).

I really like the MMI, but the shuffle and the scrolling have both bugged me since i got the car 14 months ago. Whenever i want to get to an artist, and try to do so through the steering wheel, it takes absolutely forever. IMO it shouldn't be so frustrating, to the point where i find myself making cd's to pop in for a day or two, and then throw away.

Sorry for running my mouth...
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The initial version of the MMI on my nav enabled 06 had a problem with mix that it could NOT mix across all songs, they later fixed it. Funny that the opposite problem is around now.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by astaikos10
I've always hates how the shuffle feature shuffles all songs, not just selected playlists or artists. I, like the OP, enjoy listening to my iphone on mix, but I have a lot of crap on it that i don't exactly want to listen to on every drive, I wish i could just shuffle some of the playlists that I have (Some are in excess of 400 songs).
This and the resetting of mix setting really bothered me as well with my 3G MMI. So, I quickly came up with an automatic playlist that refreshes every time I plug in my ipod or sd card to my computer that generates a new random playlist. Then all I do is tell the car to play that specific playlist when plugging in the ipod or sd card. On my ipod/sd card (16GB), I play hundreds of songs before reaching the end of the playlist and then needing to connect to the computer for a "new" random playlist.

It would be so much easier if a) the mix setting was sticky and b) you could choose what artists/albums/songs the mix would be over, but this was a quick and easy way for me to get the same result without having to curse at the MMI every time I got into the car.

BTW, I end up using the sd card more than my ipod as, for some reason, I find that the system causes my ipod to crash on a regular basis. So it was easier to buy a high capacity sd card and use the trick above than deal with a frozen ipod every few days.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joesky
This and the resetting of mix setting really bothered me as well with my 3G MMI. So, I quickly came up with an automatic playlist that refreshes every time I plug in my ipod or sd card to my computer that generates a new random playlist. Then all I do is tell the car to play that specific playlist when plugging in the ipod or sd card. On my ipod/sd card (16GB), I play hundreds of songs before reaching the end of the playlist and then needing to connect to the computer for a "new" random playlist.

It would be so much easier if a) the mix setting was sticky and b) you could choose what artists/albums/songs the mix would be over, but this was a quick and easy way for me to get the same result without having to curse at the MMI every time I got into the car.

BTW, I end up using the sd card more than my ipod as, for some reason, I find that the system causes my ipod to crash on a regular basis. So it was easier to buy a high capacity sd card and use the trick above than deal with a frozen ipod every few days.
How does the SD card make this easier / better?

Also what logic does the MMI use to pick a default playlist? just name of playlist?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shahineo
How does the SD card make this easier / better?
Also what logic does the MMI use to pick a default playlist? just name of playlist?
The SD card doesn't crash... that's how this is easier and better. Plus I leave the SD card plugged in vs. the iPod which I would unplug occasionally.

There is no default playlist. I meant, I pick the playlist using the MMI and then just let it sequentially move down my already randomized list of hundreds of songs
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joesky

I'm not sure what setting I changed to do it, but my mix setting only shuffles the current album or playlist (on my 3G MMI).
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've never changed any settings regarding shuffle and mine will correctly shuffle the current directory I am in (whether artist/album/playlist/all songs makes no difference) (MMI3G + 5th? gen iPod)

I am in the same boat as everyone else wishing for a shuffle that sticks, I'm in shuffle mode 95% of the time..

Quick Reply: Mix setting on music getting reset every car start