A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Mixed emotions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it was bogus. Turns out Audi wasn't sending the dealer any more cars because of the dealer's financial problems. I went and got my money back. Good news is that the original order I placed with another dealer showed up at their dealership a week ago and has been sitting on their showroom floor. I stopped by as soon as I received my refund and bought the car. In the end, I got the car I wanted. Lots of pics to come once mods are complete.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by boiler127
Well, it was bogus. Turns out Audi wasn't sending the dealer any more cars because of the dealer's financial problems. I went and got my money back. Good news is that the original order I placed with another dealer showed up at their dealership a week ago and has been sitting on their showroom floor. I stopped by as soon as I received my refund and bought the car. In the end, I got the car I wanted. Lots of pics to come once mods are complete.
glad it worked out, Was your original dealer surprised when you walked in and bought your "ordered" car?
Did he give you $1200 UNDER INVOICE?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mktt
glad it worked out, Was your original dealer surprised when you walked in and bought your "ordered" car?
Did he give you $1200 UNDER INVOICE?
I've read a lot of posts and seen a lot of deals people have gotten. One in particular stuck out for an s-line similar to mine which made me run down there and ask for $1,200 under invoice. The way it turned out, it was too good to be true because that dealer could have given it to me for $3000 under invoice, just was never going to actually deliver me a car! The original dealer said the best he could do was $500 over invoice otherwise he would lose money. Besides the R8 and S5, my order was the nicest car in showroom and given it was a rarity because it was manual, he said he would have the car sold in 2 days. After what I went through, I'm just excited to be getting the car. Believe it or not, while I was cancelling the other car, I called and had the dealer put the car on hold. The guy put a sold sign on the windshield and as I was walking in I saw two guys standing near the car and overheard one gentlemen say to the salesman, "is this car really sold because I want to buy it." Good thing I told them to hold it!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am in your boat. Mine arrives at port next week then makes it's two week journey up to Seattle
Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to believe that old trick by Dominic Longo still runs at dealers. Dom was the guy who started the largest Toyota store, and although he passed around 1985, his idea to creat excitment at the dealership continues. He had no cars in the showroom, no cubicles, no salesmans desk. If somebody called about a specific unit, he would put a sold sign in the window and have a couple of salesmen (looking like customers) pretend to be interested when the guy who called showed up. This helped support a higher price when the customer thought there was some competition, or made them feel thay had to buy today or it would be lost. What made me laugh was there were five acres of Toyotas on that lot, and another ten acres nearby.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boiler127
How did you find out that Audi wasn't sending the dealer any more cars? Curious because supposedly the dealer I'm with has had rumors of financial problems as well. Rumors similar that Audi wasn't sending them cars as well. Not good...hopefully they're just rumors because I drove by their lot the other day and they had a boat load of what looked like newly delivered Q7's.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Moviela
Hard to believe that old trick by Dominic Longo still runs at dealers. Dom was the guy who started the largest Toyota store, and although he passed around 1985, his idea to creat excitment at the dealership continues. He had no cars in the showroom, no cubicles, no salesmans desk. If somebody called about a specific unit, he would put a sold sign in the window and have a couple of salesmen (looking like customers) pretend to be interested when the guy who called showed up. This helped support a higher price when the customer thought there was some competition, or made them feel thay had to buy today or it would be lost. What made me laugh was there were five acres of Toyotas on that lot, and another ten acres nearby.
That is funny. But, in this case I knew what to expect and wasn't pressured.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Going to pick up the car now. The long wait is finally over!