A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

modded 2010 a4 b8 k04 vs modded 2010 camaro ss auto

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modded 2010 a4 b8 k04 vs modded 2010 camaro ss auto

I went up against a 2010 modded camaro ss auto. he had a cat back exhaust, hyperteck ecu,and a hennesy intake. i got the 6 speed manual 2010 a4 s line b8 with apr k04, 034 hfc, awe turboback exhaust, k&n typhoon, apr 100 octane map, short shifter, awe fmic, and eurocode hfic pipe. we went on a closed course and he wasnt pulling on me at all. on a 30 mph roll on in second gear i was walking him a little bit. then off the line he got a little jump on me and i was on his rear bumper and was starting to catch up to him. so heres the comparison on a modded k04 b8 and a modded 2010 camaro ss. i wish i had a vid for you guys but i was alone in the car and so was he and i have no camera mount yet.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

VIDEO! ...or it never happened.

And it was not an SS...unless the driver didn't know what the 3rd pedal was for.... a Camaro LT, now that I could believe... that would put him at around 300 hp... An SS has over 425 hp. No way an A4, even with a K04 and your other listed mods even comes close to 360hp.

Maybe he put some SS badges on... but doesn't sound like it was an SS to me.

If you're in the L.A. area, I'll be happy to loan you a professional mount for a video camera.

Last edited by QUA77R0; 07-17-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
VIDEO! ...or it never happened.

And it was not an SS...unless the driver didn't know what the 3rd pedal was for.... a Camaro LT, now that I could believe... that would put him at around 300 hp... An SS has over 425 hp. No way an A4, even with a K04 and your other listed mods even comes close to 360hp.

Maybe he put some SS badges on... but doesn't sound like it was an SS to me.

If you're in the L.A. area, I'll be happy to loan you a professional mount for a video camera.
It did happen and it was an ss. No other badges either. It's an ss and it is an automatic transmission. The manual camaro ss has alot more horses. I would not make up a lie about something like that on audiworld. I was very surprised I was able to keep up with it. Sorry I don't live in LA or I would borrow your camera. You can come to new York city and il take the camera and mount.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vinb8
It did happen and it was an ss. No other badges either. It's an ss and it is an automatic transmission. The manual camaro ss has alot more horses. I would not make up a lie about something like that on audiworld. I was very surprised I was able to keep up with it. Sorry I don't live in LA or I would borrow your camera. You can come to new York city and il take the camera and mount.
LOL. You missed the emoticon my friend. I was never calling you a liar. Perhaps you have heard the popular phrase, "pics or it never happened"?

I was however pointing out that the 2010 Camaro was more likely posing as an SS or the driver did not know how to drive. Since you know about the mods and AT of this claimed SS, can we assume that you know the driver or at least stopped to talk to him?

Now you say that it is an AT which actually makes your claim completely unbelievable, if in fact it is an SS. The 2010 Camaro SS with the automatic transmission have slightly not "alot" less power true(400 hp, 410 lb-ft vs the MT's 426 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque). Still more than enough to blow away ANY A4 running only a K04 and bolt-on mods. You also said that this Camaro "SS" was further modded with intake, exhaust, and ecu (on a NA motor, mostly that means more noise, not a huge change in power...) Those mods can easily make a V6 Camaro sound more like a real SS.

He may have told you that it was an Camaro SS. If he did, either he's a dreamer/LIAR or he can't reach the gas pedal enough to push it all the way.

Next thing you know some A4 owner with a few mods is going to claim that he can beat or out accelerate my E55 AMG from a stop or roll-on. Let's keep it real here folks. Good thing you didn't post your claim in the Camaro forums. Holy **** Batman, flame city!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is too funny.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
LOL. You missed the emoticon my friend. I was never calling you a liar. Perhaps you have heard the popular phrase, "pics or it never happened"?

I was however pointing out that the 2010 Camaro was more likely posing as an SS or the driver did not know how to drive. Since you know about the mods and AT of this claimed SS, can we assume that you know the driver or at least stopped to talk to him?

Now you say that it is an AT which actually makes your claim completely unbelievable, if in fact it is an SS. The 2010 Camaro SS with the automatic transmission have slightly not "alot" less power true(400 hp, 410 lb-ft vs the MT's 426 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque). Still more than enough to blow away ANY A4 running only a K04 and bolt-on mods. You also said that this Camaro "SS" was further modded with intake, exhaust, and ecu (on a NA motor, mostly that means more noise, not a huge change in power...) Those mods can easily make a V6 Camaro sound more like a real SS.

He may have told you that it was an Camaro SS. If he did, either he's a dreamer/LIAR or he can't reach the gas pedal enough to push it all the way.

Next thing you know some A4 owner with a few mods is going to claim that he can beat or out accelerate

my E55 AMG from a stop or roll-on. Let's keep it real here folks. Good thing you didn't post your claim in the Camaro forums. Holy **** Batman, flame city!

I actually Said it was an auto transmission in my first thread my friend if you can read and yes I do know the driver he's a good driver. Actually it will make my claim more believable because the automatic trans camaro has less horses. Your e55 Amg that you supposedly own is no match against a k04 b8. I would never post this claim in a camaro forum my friend. Next time I run him il try and get him to use a camera to prove you wrong. I'm Still surprised I kept up with him.

Last edited by Vinb8; 07-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ernestolopez
This is too funny.
Lol It sure is. I should of never started this thread.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ernestolopez
This is too funny.
Agree! All I can do is

I actually Said it was an auto transmission in my first thread my friend if you can read and yes I do know the driver he's a good driver. Actually it will make my claim more believable because the automatic trans camaro has less horses. Your e55 Amg that you supposedly own is no match against a k04 b8. I would never post this claim in a camaro forum my friend. Next time I run him il try and get him to use a camera to prove you wrong. I'm Still surprised I kept up with him.
Sorry I speak 4 languages and in some of them "auto" without referring to transmission means simply car. I am also a bit distracted preparing for knee replacement surgery. I am not making an excuse just offering explanation. You are completely correct that I should learn to read. I am still working on it though. Then I hope to learn to draw as well.

And yes I understand why you would never post this type of story in a Camaro forum. Please rise and come to attention!

Get ready to eat your words when you read my next post. Get your pimp roll ready or prepare to get pimp slapped and go back home with your tail between your legs like the rest of the little dogs. Daddy's 'bout to rain some fire an brimstone in the form of molten Michelin PS2's. ...

I gotta wait for my wife to leave the room...she just gave me the evil eye and warned me to stop wrestling with midgets in the mud because they enjoy it. I tried to explain that the saying is about pigs... She gave me an even more evil eye... if that's possible...maybe I'm just exaggerating like so much of this thread.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh I missed that part about it being an AT so he has less HP and thus he couldn't DESTROY you. LOL If you read my reply which you must have missed, assuming you read and don't have this translated for you by a trunk monkey, you should have been able to put 2+2 together.

400 hp, 410 lb-ft vs the MT's 426 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque
Did you miss that? I made it bold so you can see it...

You claim to have hung with and be able to pull on a 2010 Camaro SS with auto transmission with a measly STOCK 400hp and 410 lf-ft of torque.... That's just crazy talk Vinbait. Stop making me laugh. It hurts too much.

Before you panic and try to tell me that 2+2=4, lets put it all together in a sandwich we can all take a nice juicy bite from. You raced, a 2010 Camaro SS with an auto transmission (guess whether or not your friend is a good driver is IRRELEVANT since any monkey can push the right pedal. MMM sounds like a turkey sandwich is being made. How about some mayonnaise? You went on to say that "The manual camaro ss has alot more horses" your words VinB8 not mine. Therefore you were able to beat him? Yet didn't you also say that he had intake, exhaust, and ECU modded? SO... that won't get "you friend" back the 26 HP and 10 lb-ft of torque lost to his poor choice of transmission? HMMMM... that tastes like mustard. This is turning into a great sandwich. Thanks VinB8 for sharing your story. I hope you realize that your friend is probably having the last laugh while you go around telling people you can pull on him. LOL. That is the oldest rick in the book. Next time he's gonna want to race for money.... Guess who the is gonna be then? I'll let you know now... YOU! Maybe you won't be such a sucker and get to save some money instead of losing your money and pride and going all the way home.

Don't worry. I'm not ducking you. memory card is downloading now.. Daddy's gonna show you how the big dogs roll.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

...Your e55 Amg that you supposedly own is no match against a k04 b8. I'm Still surprised I kept up with him.

That's my E55 AMG that I "supposedly" own.

Feel free to go to my AudiWorld Garage here. There you can see pics of the balanced/blueprinted block that we built to handle the extra boost we hit it with back in 2002 when I got bored with the stock power. There is also a shot of the Kleemann supercharger/header install. But yeah, even that got boring so I went BIG and went the custom turbo route. Good for just a little bit of fun and enough boost to blow every weak point of a 2.0TFSI apart.

Not that the Godfather needs to prove anything to you. No need to let you go to sleep a "doubting Thomas". My AMG is known internationally, not because I post videos on YouTube. But because it is the world's FIRST TURBOCHARGED W210 E55 AMG. I'd invite you to come discuss this in the AMG Private Lounge but it's closed to non AMG owners who can't prove they are the original owner of their AMG (ie VIN and registrations) (no pun intended on your nickname).

I know you are probably crying... "No way dude, you are a liar!"

Yeah yeah, but a little K04 housing and all, while a nice improvement over the puny K03, would fit inside my Garret GT4294 Ball Bearing turbo.

A picture's worth a thousand words.

That takes the place of what used to be the rear muffler.

I could direct you to my online portfolio of the several hundred photos/videos of the engineering that went into it. But there is no need to . Suffice to say that I have more invested in the modifications alone on that car than a B8 A4 S-Line with all your listed mods cost, forget the $90k for the car alone. (that was when a dollar was actually worth something.) Still don't believe I own it... Oh well... I don't feel like wasting my time.

But then again, if you have removed your rear seat as you said in your prior thread about removing weight and you still feel confident that you can take me on a track, (I don't waste time or risk peoples lives on the street) bring your pink slip and your A4 out to California, ANY TRACK, ANY TIME. I'll even use some frequent flier miles to book your flight home. Or you can have your friend bring his modified 2010 Camaro SS auto out as well. Just make sure he brings his pink slip as well and I'll get him a flight home too. Let me know, because I'm going to call Classic Car Storage and ask if they have any open bays for some new toys. My garages are already full with more fun toys. Show up in a Hennessy Viper GTS and I may have to beg your forgiveness and bow down to you... Just saying... Even big dogs know when there is someone bigger on the block.

Just don't come out with the seats removed, sitting on milk crates, because that would scare me.

Don't think I don't love Audi's I do I do. But my Avant is my grocery-getter and sometime track taxi... while my wife would "permit" me to get an S4 and modify it.... There is no S4 Avant here. And she strictly forbade me from acquiring any more 2 door cars so I can't get no R8 loving... I'll live since the R8 V10 is too slow and would require at least a STaSIS supercharger to put a smile on my face. And that MTM twin turbo R8 with RS6 transplant just plain makes me drool.

Anyways the point was never to make you post a video. That's juvenile and proves nothing since it can so easily be faked. Go get some time slips from a track and you will learn to shift in the process.

Feel free to post more trash talk if you like but I am done with this thread... pointless waste of my time. You need to go re-watch the video that ScottyUK posted in your thread awhile ago... It's way easier than reading my long winded posts and you can laugh instead of getting your panties in a bunch. Feel free to hit me up with a PM if you want me to read anything further you want to say. Don't worry I'm not putting you on my ignore list, yet.

Last edited by QUA77R0; 07-17-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: go to the garage

Quick Reply: modded 2010 a4 b8 k04 vs modded 2010 camaro ss auto