A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

My B8 finally arrived......

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My B8 finally arrived......

My B8 finally came in. Ordered it March 12th and I took delivery May 18th. She is beautiful. Enjoy the sport package, seats, suspension, paddle shifters. I am babying her for the first 1000 miles. But then we will open her up. So far only complaint is the metallic brake pads that dust all over those big 18's.

I did only have her for 4 days when I put on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires and took off the summer performance tires (which were Pirelli P7 Cinturato's which are not even out in the states yet)
http://www.pirellityre.com/web/tyres...n/default.page

If anyone is looking for a summer 18 tire, these only have 250 miles on them.

Comming up: Looking at getting the chrome rolled tips, maybe a trunk mat, and some all weather floor mats. Oh yeah, I and I will be posting pictures as soon as I can get her washed up!

I will have more to post as i go.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

You're replacing the summer tires by no-season tires?? Be careful in the corners..
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Sounds like a nice package. Get those pics up asap! =)
Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

I have 18" Sports (Pirelli P7 Cinturato's) and this is my first time with summer tires. I have to say I am not impressed with them. I only have 1200 miles and have not fully explored the handling with them, but I do notice they howl when taking corners aggresive and in general don't grip as well as I was expecting. I have always used Ultra High Performance All-Seasons on previous cars and think they handle better. Anyone else think these tires are lacking?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I agree 100% that the P7 are lacking. I was quite disappointed with them but they are better than all-season. They howl a lot in aggressive cornering but I had let my foot of the gas which could explain why.

The car I traded in was a subaru Impreza and it had Falken Azenis on it. They were so much better. Noisy but they really did stick to the road.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had stock P7's on my B6 and felt they were glued to the road. Of course my FWD car was lighter and this was on city streets. I have yet to find a match.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Be careful not to blow a P7 - more:

Be careful not to blow the P7. Two weeks ago I had a nail in mine and it was RIGHT on the edge before going to sidewall. The tire place was not entirely sure if it could be fixed as it was so close to the edge. So I started looking for a P7. I checked Tire Rack and a number of Canadian places and a few American ones (I am in Canada) and NOBODY stocked a P7 and I was told that it would be at least 2-3 weeks before I could get one. I called the dealer and they were no help and when I posted on the Canadian forum of the 'other forum' I was told that, at least for the moment, the P7s are not readily available in North America, but Pirelli Canada has a stock of P7s for Audi dealers if they are needed/requested, and I would have to go through the dealership and get them to jump through hoops (my dealer's parts department didn't readily know about this).

In the meantime, the tire shop WAS able to fix the tire, so I did not pursue the dealer to give them my new information about going through Pirelli direct, so I have no idea if the info I was given was true or not, but I found this ludicrous! The amount of hassle to replace a tire that I came standard OEM on my car is dumb. ESPECIALLY as there is no full size, full rim spare. I can get by for a few days without a full size, but 2-3 weeks? This definitely rubbed me the wrong way and I can only imagine how irate I would be if I had to pursue this further. I understand cost-cutting, but come on!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

May I ask where are those pics of the new car???
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the sig done. More photos to follow.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gunnerbuck
I have the sig done. More photos to follow.
Gratz on the car. Thats the exact spec and color I was looking for until I found out there isn't any 2009 left on the west coast. So I order the 2010 with those options and B&O.

Quick Reply: My B8 finally arrived......