A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

My conversation with AofA - Slow Speed Steering and Trunk Plastic issue!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My conversation with AofA - Slow Speed Steering and Trunk Plastic issue!

So got a call from AofA to follow up on the slow speed steering issue that I've been having. They said they've confirmed through testing that replacing the power steering hose with a new design with eliminate the issue and they've moved into parts production. They expect parts production to last for 6 weeks or so and then dealers will be able to perform the maintenance as part of a TSB. At least they're making progress.

I also took the chance to complain how the plastic cover on the left trunk hinge in my car keeps breaking loose thinking AofA would just acknowledge it. But guess what? There's a TSB for that out too! Basically the trunk has a design flaw on the left side that causes the plastic cover to break loose in certain conditions when the trunk is closed. This is quite amazing because I thought it was just my car or bad luck or something I was doing. Also explains why the right side has never had a problem.

I won't be able to take the car in until next week but will post back when I get to it. Right now the plastic piece is being held on with some clear tape
Old 10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping they go back to the old hydraulic hinges. They've got them on the A5 Cabs so why not you know? Maybe they'll bring back the roller pins in the doors too.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
So got a call from AofA to follow up on the slow speed steering issue that I've been having. They said they've confirmed through testing that replacing the power steering hose with a new design with eliminate the issue and they've moved into parts production. They expect parts production to last for 6 weeks or so and then dealers will be able to perform the maintenance as part of a TSB. At least they're making progress.

I also took the chance to complain how the plastic cover on the left trunk hinge in my car keeps breaking loose thinking AofA would just acknowledge it. But guess what? There's a TSB for that out too! Basically the trunk has a design flaw on the left side that causes the plastic cover to break loose in certain conditions when the trunk is closed. This is quite amazing because I thought it was just my car or bad luck or something I was doing. Also explains why the right side has never had a problem.

I won't be able to take the car in until next week but will post back when I get to it. Right now the plastic piece is being held on with some clear tape

Mobile, we seem to be talking to the same guy at AOA (does his first name begin with a "B"?)

Also, by any chance did you get a TSB number for the left side hinge cover thing and is it out in the wild now?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Mobile, we seem to be talking to the same guy at AOA (does his first name begin with a "B"?)

Also, by any chance did you get a TSB number for the left side hinge cover thing and is it out in the wild now?
Yes I'm positive it's the same guy. I asked for the TSB # for the hinge issue and he was reluctant to give it. He did say the hinge TSB was "out in the wild" and the dealer should see it as a TSB for your car when they look up your VIN. I can't take it in for a week or two but it sounds like the dealers should be able to take care of the hinge thing now.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Yes I'm positive it's the same guy. I asked for the TSB # for the hinge issue and he was reluctant to give it. He did say the hinge TSB was "out in the wild" and the dealer should see it as a TSB for your car when they look up your VIN. I can't take it in for a week or two but it sounds like the dealers should be able to take care of the hinge thing now.
I sent you a private message...