A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

MY2010 announced ... in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

"HDD Navigation functionality includes advanced speech recognition" plus the Coice Control System option has gone so it looks like you get full speech recognition and 3G for the price of the old 2G without speech.

I don't know how the navigation system is priced in the UK, but in the U.S. the $2,500 asking price is highest among competitors (others are in the $2000-$2100 range), so it would make sense that they do not raise it with the improvements to the system.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I agreed it's pricey....but now it's got more value than it did have. The Voice Control option was over £300 and now you get that included.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the most mouth-watering feature here is the sport dif. Followed by the 3G. Too bad you can't get the 2.0T with the sport dif. I guess that would mean that if you wanted the sport dif you would be forced to not only get the 3.2, but it would also be a tip or servotronic - as no manuals for 3.2 (at least for NA, assuming the sport dif option would be available in NA, which seems unlikely).
Old 04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

But then again, if you are paying for a 3.2, sport dif AND servotronic, then that has to be closing in on S4 $$ territory and why not just go for the supercharger?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Exactly. If I wasn't going got the 2.0Tq then I'd get the S4 :

£3.2k more for 3.2q (too much for not a lot more)
or
£3.8k more for a 3.0TDI (too much for something powered by the devil's fuel)

£4.8k more for an S4 (not a bad deal compared to the above)

I've just come from a B6 S4 (AMD stage 3) and find that now I have a motorbike that's where I get my fun instead of taking my cars on track or to the Nurburgring. The money saved will get me my next bike upgrade

Additionally I don't see the point of the Sport diff unless you're going to track your car. If you're going to do that then the 3.2 or 3.0TDI don't make much sense to me either.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spacecadet_CC
I think the most mouth-watering feature here is the sport dif. Followed by the 3G. Too bad you can't get the 2.0T with the sport dif. I guess that would mean that if you wanted the sport dif you would be forced to not only get the 3.2, but it would also be a tip or servotronic - as no manuals for 3.2 (at least for NA, assuming the sport dif option would be available in NA, which seems unlikely).
What does the sport dif. do anyway?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

The sport diff provides Torque Vectoring (for the rear wheels, of course).

In the evolution of quattro, aka TorSen we have:

#1 - 50 50 f/r torque split with instantaneous, not reactive, torque shifting

#2 - 40 60 f/r torque split with instantaneous, not reactive, torque shifting

#3 - 40 60 f/r torque split with L rear R rear torque vectoring (req's ADS)

You now have quattro, "the final frontier" (well maybe) -- which couples TorSen AWD w/ABS, ABS+brake assist, ESP, DTC, ASL, torque rear biased and now torque vectoring (and ADS). The car, now, actually will make you a better driver than you really are.

Further improvement would be to move even closer to 50 50 weight distribution.

I'm breathless. You should be too.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

As I mentioned in another thread, my order placed in February '09 for an A4 6MT never made it to production, and my Northeast Ohio dealership advised me recently that my car will be built as a MY10. It will be interesting to see what differences (in any) find there way into cars destined for the U.S. The delay did allow me to rethink my options, and after considering many of the comments on this forum, I decided to add the Sports Package to my vehicle (2.0T,6MT, Premium Plus, Phantom Black/Beige with Almond inlays). I appreciate the many well thought out comments on this site and the wealth of useful information. Also, I'm impressed with the civility of the discussions compared to other forums, even on such emotion-provoking topics as the B8 vs. the model from that certain other German car company. I think most of us can respect the opinions and individual tastes (as well as financial limitations)of our AudiWorld contibutors.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In general, I think you'll find the maturity level a notch higher at Audiworld than other forums.

Not to disparage other forums or communities, but if you head over to audizine or vwvortex, your experience will likely be different. Different strokes for different folks... I'm glad there are options.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any word on B&O option

...is it still only an option on the Prestige?

Quick Reply: MY2010 announced ... in the UK