A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

MY2010 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah to live in a place where there is competition. My dealer will only go to $500 OVER invoice. Meanwhile he has a bunch of cars sitting on the lot and insists that, even with all the current incentives, it's still $500 over invoice.

Both Audi and BMW dealers behave the same here in Cincinnati. I wonder if there is any dealer who actually wants to sell me a darn car!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Lease extensions (with Audi) are easy enough to do on a month-to-month basis. Additionally, you can return the car up to three days 'late' for no charge as a courtesy. That may not be written in stone, but I was told that by Audi Financial on several occasions, and took advantage of it successfully when I returned my '06.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joesky
Ah to live in a place where there is competition. My dealer will only go to $500 OVER invoice. Meanwhile he has a bunch of cars sitting on the lot and insists that, even with all the current incentives, it's still $500 over invoice.

Both Audi and BMW dealers behave the same here in Cincinnati. I wonder if there is any dealer who actually wants to sell me a darn car!
Tell them you can get a C-Class $2k below invoice for a song these days. Why should you pay over invoice for an equivalent Audi or BMW?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tubi
Tell them you can get a C-Class $2k below invoice for a song these days. Why should you pay over invoice for an equivalent Audi or BMW?
Unfortunately Audi dealers don't give a crap about Benz or BMW. They think they are better than the others. I've been told straight to my face many times Audi is the superior car and they like it that way. Seems the only way to get a deal is to pit Audi dealers against each other.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by barrycm
I am in the market for a new car and I was wondering if anyone knows when the MY2010 pricing will be available? I don't want to go test drive and start negotiating without some pricing in place already. I have looked through the order guide for 2010 but no pricing yet.
If you want the 2010's as soon as they come out, be prepared to pay full ticket. The longer you wait, the better the deal.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

That's not the case here. People are still getting normal levels of discount e.g. about 11% of list price
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK)
That's not the case here. People are still getting normal levels of discount e.g. about 11% of list price
Here, as in the UK? I speak for the U.S. market. Popular and respected brands like Audi, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, etc are not discounted much when the model year changes over. It's even worse when the model is still quite new, as is the A4. When a model year changes over and a car debuts with new options and colors, it brings in the curious and the interested, which creates more traffic and ultimately more buyers. Couple in the trickling effect of slowly filling a depleted dealer's lot, and suddenly it's a supply and demand issue.
If you want to be the first one on your block (or on AudiWorld) to claim you have an '10 with the new and improved goodies, you're going to pay for it.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The "exec" brands here also maintain the mantra that they don't discount. However if there ever was a a buyers market then it's now. All of them are discounting. If they don't then they won't sell.

If I could get 11% of an '09 and nothing off a '10 then I'd get the '09. We're not talking a major facelift or true new model.

For 2010 we've got stop/start with energy regeneration, very subtle mirror change and 3G MMI upgrade. That's about it really.

Would anyone really pay list price for a '10 against a discounted '09?

I guess one of the differences maybe that here (the UK) not many Audi's are produced to sit on the car lot. They're mostly made to order. Perhaps it's the fact that you guys have a longer wait for shipping that more cars are bought instantly without the build wait? Then again in such a market I'd be looking for even more discount on a pre-built car.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

p.s. They don't just give these discounts away. You have to work on them to get it. There are many fools still paying list price and going away happy because they got rubber mats and a keyring thrown in free of charge

I'd rather pay for a keyring and save £4,000 off list price.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I can't speak for other regions, only for Los Angeles. During this whole recession crisis, there have been no extra special deals at Audi. There have been incentives, but the new model is selling well and they are not giving them away. Business is hanging in there. In fact, I have not seen any extraordinary rebates for the Big Three, Honda, or Toyota. The dealers and manufacturers have found ways to make some profit on each unit. In fact, today's deals are worse than they were a year ago. The biggest industry rebates were after 911 and two years ago.

Quick Reply: MY2010 Pricing