A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Neighbor keeps hitting my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
I always do that, work, shopping, anywhere, if at all possible. I'm a very quick Christmas shopper as you can imagine - in and out in 20 minutes, unless I do it online.

My colleagues make fun of me for parking so far a way. And yet on a couple of occasions there were 18-wheelers parked right next to me. People at work even took a picture of that to tease me. The truckers like the open space to maneuver easily...
Oh, I do that whenever I go out too. I'm REAL picky about my parking spots. I don't mind walking. But at work, those spots are pretty safe. Plus that particular area I park at, other people with nice cars that they care about park there as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bunn
Here's an idea... I would hope you won't have to resort to this because it's a lot of work, but if you can't seem to get your neighbors to be careful around your nice car...

When your husband gets home, have him park in one of the visitor's parking spaces that's next to a curb. Like this...

This is my parking lot at work...

Green are good, the Yellow is ok, but most people pull in (not back in), the yellow will have the the adjacent car opening his driver's side door to your parking space. I usually park in the left green spot or the bottom green spot and hug the curb. Gives me as much space as possible on my one "vulnerable" side. Yeah... I put way too much thought into where I park my car, but I care about it!

Then when you get home, he'd move and you'd take that space, and then he goes to park in your assigned space.

It'd be an awful lot of extra work, and I'd hate to have to do that Every day... but I go to great lengths to safe-guard my B8. I always park next to curbs, never under trees, and wide parking spots if possible. When I go out to lunch at work, if there are no acceptable spots when I get back, I'll park Waaaay out in the back of the lot where no one else parks. If it means I have a 5 minute walk back to my office, so be it. I'll sacrifice for that ounce of prevention.
We think alike
Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SeaBlue
We think alike
If I can't get my spot when coming back from lunch, this is where I go to park...

X is my office
Blue circled area is where most people prefer to park
Red circle is where I prefer to park
Red box is where I go to park if I can't park in my preferred spot

And I generally get to the office around 7:30, so I could park just about anywhere I want. My friends give me hell about my parking spot, but they also don't drive nice cars :P
Old 05-12-2011, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Move to a house with a garage.

I do the same with parking. People don't get why I have to find the roof or park yards away. Haha.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

(obviously this is not a laughing matter) we all take good care of our cars and if someone were to hit my car I would be furious. But I cant help but think of the scene from Big Lebowski. If you take this approach, problem solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_cVJkuT1k0
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Battlefield tested, so easy even a soccer mom can do it. Clears parking lots faster than a cop at a street race.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QUA77R0

Battlefield tested, so easy even a soccer mom can do it. Clears parking lots faster than a cop at a street race.
Sorry QUA77RO, did I miss somethin' here

What is your quote referring to please?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Sorry QUA77RO, did I miss somethin' here

What is your quote referring to please?
Wipe that confused look off your face Old Dog.