A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

new 2013 owner...suspension & exhaust the same?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2013 owner...suspension & exhaust the same?

sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am new to the audi world, but not new to cars. I have been working on porsches for some time now and just recently purchased a new daily driver.

2013 a4 in brilliant black

sorry if this has been posted but i could not find it in my search...

1. is the 2013 suspension the same as previous b8 models? I am looking at a set of H&r springs and bilstein shocks. Coils are not a option as i drive about 25k a year

2. Is the exhaust system the same as previous b8 models? I am looking at a dual milltek exhaust

3. which brings me to my last question, is the rear valance the same? as this would have to be changed for the dual exhaust.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimtweet18
sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am new to the audi world, but not new to cars. I have been working on Porsches for some time now and just recently purchased a new daily driver.

2013 a4 in brilliant black

sorry if this has been posted but i could not find it in my search...
Jim, welcome to AW! For the most part, the B8.5 refresh is the same parts-wise for about 95% of the car.

1. is the 2013 suspension the same as previous b8 models? I am looking at a set of H&r springs and bilstein shocks. Coils are not a option as i drive about 25k a year
As far as this option goes, you're fine. The only suspension option upgrade that I know of that's different is the EuroCode Alu Kreuz. They released a newer version for the B8.5 This was the first suspension mod I made and it really tightened up the steering response and the front end flex. The steering is very much 'point and shoot' now.

http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2184

2. Is the exhaust system the same as previous b8 models? I am looking at a dual milltek exhaust
I'm almost 100% positive it's the same - I can't speak highly enough of the quality and amazing sound my Milltek Quad exhaust provides! I have the quad outlets, but i'st super easy to switch between the two and the quad (cpl of bolts). You can't go wrong with the duals that's for sure. I'm already chomping at the bit for my next Audi (S3 Sedan) and can't wait to see what Milltek will offer

3. which brings me to my last question, is the rear valance the same? as this would have to be changed for the dual exhaust.
The rear bumper cover/valnce was redesigned for the facelift. If you have either Premium or Prem + trim levels, it's a tougher conversion, cause you effectively have to upgrade to the Sline/S4 rear bumper cover/valance. The other option is to hopefully find an aftermarket solution that can replace a standard rear valence insert with something that will allow you to fit the dual exhaust. There are also some ancillary parts needed to help install and protect the new exhaust; exhaust hanger, heat shield, etc...