A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New Audi Owner and Navi Retrofit Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Sharontha and Rubberknuckle,

I'm attempting the MMI3G retrofit but parts of this thread which were here a while back appear to have vanished. I'm stuck on the number of microphones I need for this upgrade. I have the B&O microphone in the interior light module overhead which I think goes back to the amp in the boot. I believe the main unit needs another two??? I have looked for microphone units, but there are loads of them with both round and rectangular ones. Could you possibly point me in the right direction?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ibis-white,
You need a total of three microphones. The round B&O microphone is called R74 by Audi and goes to pins 1 and 10 of the 18 pin connector called T18b on the B&O amplifier. You will not need to alter this if you are retrofitting MMI 3g into a car with B&O already. The existing microphone in the interior light module overhead is removed and two new microphones (Kufatec item number 39636)are installed, the location should be obvious. Those new microphones connect to a new harness you need to run from the MMI Main Unit up to the interior light module overhead. The new harness is part of Kufatec bundle item number 38310. You will need this to do the retrofit.

I'm off overseas for three months in seven days time, so you will need to move quickly if you want my microphones.

Actually, I have a spare set of the two new microphones for sale if you want them. For some stupid reason, I ordered two sets rather than two microphones when I was doing my retrofit. I can sell them to you for what they cost me plus postage, less 10% if you like. They are really light so I wouldn't expect postage to be too much.

Originally Posted by Ibis_white
Hello Sharontha and Rubberknuckle,

I'm attempting the MMI3G retrofit but parts of this thread which were here a while back appear to have vanished. I'm stuck on the number of microphones I need for this upgrade. I have the B&O microphone in the interior light module overhead which I think goes back to the amp in the boot. I believe the main unit needs another two??? I have looked for microphone units, but there are loads of them with both round and rectangular ones. Could you possibly point me in the right direction?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Rubberknuckle,

Thanks for your reply on the microphones. Three missing pages of this thread have thankfully reappeared including lots of great info. My MMI retrofit has been put on hold for a few months due to the need to replace my dual mass flywheel. Thanks for the option to buy your spare bits, but I'll have to pass for now.

Regards,

Lee.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,
I've just been looking at the kufatec harness and can see the Terminal 30 and 31 are taken from the original concert/symphony harness, but can't see any connection for the open circuit diagnostic lead for the MMI main unit which I would presume uses the infotainment low connection like the radio and B&O amps does??
Old 09-03-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe someone could clarify for me please about frequencies of A4 B8 antenna:

Originally this antenna is for TV/GPS/Phone; I would like to use this antenna for aftermarket 2DIN unit which has FM (87.5-108MHz) and GPS (1575.42MHZ C/A code), I don't have a clue what means C/A code ...
So is there anything inside this Audi antenna what determines frequency or i just can connect two connectors for the needs of my aftermarket unit ?
Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.