A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New competition for A4 Avant: Acura TSX wagon

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FreshTracks
FAIL!
Epic Fail!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

I like it, I'm looking forward to seeing more upscale wagons and I hope this one does well.

I don't get the "fail" posts...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
I like it, I'm looking forward to seeing more upscale wagons and I hope this one does well.

I don't get the "fail" posts...
hahahaha TIME89. Epic fail is more like it, yes! I love that pic of Vader...he looks so gangsta.

Belzebutt - This Acura wagon is an incredible epic fail.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FreshTracks
Belzebutt - This Acura wagon is an incredible epic fail.
I don't get all the ragging on Acura for introducing this wagon.

Avant fans bitch and moan about how nobody in the U.S. wants wagons, and how that causes Audi to reduce the number of configurations they send over here. I would think those folks should welcome any new addition to the wagon ranks that might improve it's overall appeal to the car-buying public.

If Acura's wagon fails, it just reinforces Audi's belief that there is a weak case for the Avant in the U.S. If Acura's wagon succeeds, it may improve the visibility and popularity of wagons amongst the car-buying public and help convince Audi to expand Avant offerings.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

^^^^^^ what he said, +1

I like it. I'd pick an Avant over it any day, but cool, another wagon to choose from.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Hobbes

Avant fans bitch and moan about how nobody in the U.S. wants wagons, and how that causes Audi to reduce the number of configurations they send over here. I would think those folks should welcome any new addition to the wagon ranks that might improve it's overall appeal to the car-buying public.

If Acura's wagon fails, it just reinforces Audi's belief that there is a weak case for the Avant in the U.S. If Acura's wagon succeeds, it may improve the visibility and popularity of wagons amongst the car-buying public and help convince Audi to expand Avant offerings.
There a few good competitor to Avant - BMW, WV, Cadillac, Volvo - that 4 first came to my mind.
Have you see it new Accord?

I maybe wrong, but if I remember statistic correct - E91 wagon sold around 3000 a year in US, 5 series even less. If you been in Europe - that is reverse picture. More wagons and 60% of all cars is diesel.
BMW just release 5 GT ( I'll see that car tomorrow) and it's looks like they will follow this direction with 3. So, very soon - bye-bye E91 - Hello 3 Grand Turismo.

Last edited by TIME89; 11-05-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

until I see the 6 speed manual offered in the A4 avant, I don't consider it anything special. On that note, until BMW offers the 335xi in their wagon, I wouldn't consider either.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think that looks fine. But then again, I also like the new TL, the new TSX and I've always had a soft spot for Accords.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If we said we liked green-eyed half-Asian red-heads, sure we'd want to see more on our shores but plz not the ugly ones, LOL.

That's exactly it, this Acura wagon WILL hurt Audi Avant prospects in the future, because it's obvious from the pictures that it's going to fail. Joe Consumer will walk by this thing in a parking lot, shrug, and say "see I always knew wagons were fugly."
Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
That's exactly it, this Acura wagon WILL hurt Audi Avant prospects in the future, because it's obvious from the pictures that it's going to fail. Joe Consumer will walk by this thing in a parking lot, shrug, and say "see I always knew wagons were fugly."
People buy Hondas and Acuras. Even if the styling of those cars don't appeal to most Audi buyers, there is a market for them. I think that anything that can potentially increase the market penetration of wagons and steer folks away from an automatic inclination for SUVs is good for the future prospects of the Avant.

Quick Reply: New competition for A4 Avant: Acura TSX wagon