A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New Ibis White A4 Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ibis White A4 Arrived

A quick thank you to the folks on this forum. I was able to learn quite a bit over the past few months as I waited for the new ride.

I am loving it so far! Great handling- loving the B&O and the MT! I also am quite happy I went with the sport package. I wasn't able to test drive one and went on faith after reading up on the forum.

I do have one question for folks... will the brake dust settle down a bit? After 24 hours and about 70 miles there was enough dust to partially cover the wheels and spray up on the fenders...
I don't mind cleaning up a little - but it seemed excessive.

2012 A4 6MT P+, Sport, B&O
Order Time- Early July to late Oct
Miles on OD at delivery 11

A few quick pics after a wash and wax:

Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats! Nice ride, 6MT is the way to go. The OEM brake pads are pretty dusty trough out their life. Its a trade off for giving you a very good stopping power.You may try applying opti-coat to make it much easier to clean.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vtheman
Congrats! The OEM brake pads are pretty dusty trough out their life.
Not true on MY 2011 and 2012. Not sure why he is seeing a "lot" of dust. Maybe his expectations were different. Yes, compared to non-luxury cars, there is a little more dust, but it takes a few hundred miles to notice it and it's much much less than the break dust of luxury cars from 2-3 years ago.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems to have stopped.. Must have run through something that looked like brake dust on the car.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awesome

Originally Posted by 08CW6MT
It seems to have stopped.. Must have run through something that looked like brake dust on the car.
Good luck! great car
Old 10-23-2011, 06:08 AM
equ
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on getting a twin car to mine! Same very good spec, '10 here, 23k miles, no issues. I think I also have the exhaust tips option.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the positive comments!

I am really enjoying the car. I keep looking for excuses to drive... ("Oh look we are out of milk!") and have racked up 150 miles since Friday. I am going fairly easy on it through break in and wow- that's difficult

I came from Honda to Acura- then to VW and have absolutely no regrets. More power, much more refined and the car definitely has a solid feel to it. I keep finding little design touches, like the grooves on the underside of the window trim, that make it that much more special.

The B&O sounds great and is plenty loud. I respect other opinions saying it is not loud enough, but wow... I'm not sure how they think that and I like my music loud. I am comparing it to other factory systems though, not to a 2k aftermarket.

No mod plans yet- I'm going to enjoy it as is for a bit- then maybe a tune down the line and we'll see how the P6's perform.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Stunning! Been looking for a white A4 with sport and having no luck!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Quattro
Stunning! Been looking for a white A4 with sport and having no luck!
Thanks!

I had to order it. (actually had not driven a sport pack prior to taking delivery)

Not sure why they don't come this way as a standard. Firm, yet solid ride quality... nothing jarring about it and less body roll then I recall experiencing on my non sport test drives.

It's a great value and adds a few interesting touches you don't see mentioned such angled metal trim below the shift ****.

I am also pretty darn happy that Audi added the exterior s line pack to the P+ for 2012-- makes a pretty big difference in the aggressiveness of the look imho.

Having a blast.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car!
The reason you had so much brakedust in the beginning is because your dealer may have overdone the tire dressing. When they apply it to the tires, some usually gets on the rim, which causes brakedust to stick right to it. Excessive juice can also spit up on the wheel wells and cause more brakedust to stick. Once the car is properly cleaned, the staining should end.

Quick Reply: New Ibis White A4 Arrived