A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

paint code

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint code

hey i recently got an audi a4 and this week some one parked next to me and scratch my car.my car is a 2010 meteor gray pearl effect.so i was wondering whats the paints code and the clear coat code and does any one know if after its painted it will look the same or will it look a little different..thanx
Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

IIRC, paint code for meteor gray pearl effect is LZ7H. That being said, why do you need it? All you'll have to do is tell your dealership that you need touch-up paint for your car and they will sell you a kit that includes two paint pens - one for meteor gray and one for clearcoat - for about $15 I think.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
IIRC, paint code for meteor gray pearl effect is LZ7H. That being said, why do you need it? All you'll have to do is tell your dealership that you need touch-up paint for your car and they will sell you a kit that includes two paint pens - one for meteor gray and one for clearcoat - for about $15 I think.
Just ask nicely and maybe they'll give you the pens for free. At least that's what worked for me- *thumbs up*

As for color code, I think it has the color code on the door panel somewhere.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
Just ask nicely and maybe they'll give you the pens for free. At least that's what worked for me- *thumbs up*

As for color code, I think it has the color code on the door panel somewhere.
Haha nice! Well, let's just say that the dealership that *sold* me the paint pens doesn't see me around any more

btw, the color code is one of the 4-digit #s on the PR sticker found on the inside cover of the warranty/service manual or on the left side of the spare tire well.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hey thanx for the help but i need more than a pen haha because the other car dented my door so they gonna have to do body work.does any one know how much the paint is??i need paint the whole driver door..i took it to a auto shop but they charging me around $1500 to fix it.but my friend work on a auto shop and knows how to paint cars.i just need to buy the paint.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmm... ya $1500's pretty rough lol. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the paint costs. Since meteor gray is a pearl effect paint, it could get pricey. I've heard of similar paints that require buying the paint itself as well as come tiny crystal-like stuff for the "pearl effect" that has to be mixed in. If your friend works at an auto shop, someone else at the shop might know where to get paint.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Hmm... ya $1500's pretty rough lol. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the paint costs. Since meteor gray is a pearl effect paint, it could get pricey. I've heard of similar paints that require buying the paint itself as well as come tiny crystal-like stuff for the "pearl effect" that has to be mixed in. If your friend works at an auto shop, someone else at the shop might know where to get paint.

haha yea it is pretty price.i live in ny so everything is expensive specially when it comes to cars.well my friend found a similar paint but im not sure if its gonna look the same to the original paint.i rather pay a little more for the paint so it looks the same.he is charging me $500 to fix the dent i just need to buy the paint and the clear coat..thanx for the help it really helped me alot
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mcabrera
haha yea it is pretty price.i live in ny so everything is expensive specially when it comes to cars.well my friend found a similar paint but im not sure if its gonna look the same to the original paint.i rather pay a little more for the paint so it looks the same.he is charging me $500 to fix the dent i just need to buy the paint and the clear coat..thanx for the help it really helped me alot
If your deductible isn't too high why not just go through insurance (claim vandalism) and have it done right?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
If your deductible isn't too high why not just go through insurance (claim vandalism) and have it done right?
well the problem is that is not my insurance its my friends and if i go through my insurance its gonna go up..
Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

well i went to the dealer on friday and ask them for the paint for the car and they told me they dont sell that..they only sell the touch up paint which is $30 but im gonna need more paint so they told me i just had to go to an auto body and get the paint mix to match my car..but thanx every one for the help