A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Picking up P+ 6MT Sat...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking up P+ 6MT Sat...

After a long 4+ months wait, excited to finally get my car! I asked dealer to program it for the comfort operation (remote windows), gauge sweep, LED winking off, and seat belt chime. I'll see if they actually do (salesman was going to give list to service). I will post pics and review after I have some drive time and read the manual. This forum has given me some great info so I hope to give some back!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Default First Drive Review

I picked up my 2009 A4, P+, 6MT, 18” Sport on Saturday (they didn’t do any of the Vag-Com programming). It is a very impressive car. Love the way it looks especially with lowered sport package and 18” wheels. Quartz Grey looks great and matches well with grey grill and wheels look like they have a grayish tint to them also. I also love how it drives. Very smooth and refined with a firmness that is not harsh at all. I would not get one without the sport package. Seats are excellent and I much prefer the 3 spoke steering wheel over the standard 4 spoke. The steering seems much tighter with the sport package also. I had a loaner 3.2 auto P+ non-sport last week and noticed the steering difference. I was previously not aware of the difference in calibration. I also didn’t notice much difference in the ride harshness between the two. The manual shifter is nice and direct. Engine is nice and smooth and quite. I did notice some turbo lag and you really can’t start off in second gear when you haven’t stopped completely like I was used to in my V-6 Mazda 6s. I am still on my first tank and not sure if dealer filled it with Premium which should unleash more power.

The Symphony stereo sounds pretty good although I never heard the B&O system but can imagine it is a huge upgrade. I probably would have gotten it if it was an option on P+. The Symphony can use more base and I set the equalizer to 100% Low, 25% Mid, 100% High. I think this gives the best sound for this system. I don’t like how the steering wheel controls will not let you step through stations by pressing one button. You have to take eyes off road to scroll to station, then press scroll wheel to select. I also can’t believe you can’t select CD/Media from steering wheel controls. Finally, climate system works well, but don’t like the additional steps need to change anything. For example, heated seats - push button, turn **** to select setting, push **** to set, same procedure to turn off. Should be one step!

Overall, I am very happy with this car. It was worth the 4+ month wait! I can’t wait to open it up after the break-in. I will be getting it chipped. I also ordered the chrome exhaust tips and plan on 35% tint. I attached pics that show the different sport package components (stance, wheels, seats, steering wheel)
Attached Images      
Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed you didnt have the MMI **** below the shifting gear. I thought it was standard on all the A4, is it an option? Like only with navigation package or Prestige line.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

looks great, cant wait to get mine!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Its only below the shifter if you get NAV no matter the trim. I don't mind it on dash, easy to reach with hand resting on shifter. I can't imagine having to control NAV too with steering controls!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the clarification!

Gratz on the new car btw.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

congrats, looks great in Quartz
Old 05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Good review

I agree with you about the Sports Package. Nice firm but complaint ride. Not harsh at all. I think the longer wheelbase over the B7 has something to do with it.

When I was shopping around for my car, the only sports package my dealer had for a test drive was a Prestige with the 19' wheels. I found it to be too harsh for me. But nobody had a car with 18" wheels for me to test drive, so to be safe than sorry, I told the dealer I would order a Prestige model without the sports package. After mulling over it for days, however, I decided I didn't want to give up the sport seats, 3-spoke steering wheel and paddle shifters.

So I ordered the P+ with sport, and am very happy with my choice.

Last edited by A4Driver; 05-11-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! Great pics of the interior.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
equ
AudiWorld Member

That's great on the firmer steering feel, so perhaps there is hope for me after all. Could it be just the stickier, wider tires? Or is the servotronic calibration actually different? Either way, congrats, enjoy your new car, that's how I'd have spec'ed it.

Quick Reply: Picking up P+ 6MT Sat...