A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Puzzled About Jukebox Feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puzzled About Jukebox Feature

Just picked up my 2012 A4, and it has the MMI/NAV/B&O system.

I have searched these and other boards regarding how the Jukebox works, and while I have my music loaded, it still puzzles me.

At the suggestion of many others, I created a SD card with "folders" that are actually each album I have, and then the music from that album goes into the folder. It was a pain, but I did it. I then imported the contents of the SD card into the jukebox (took forever!). All is good? Not so fast, my friends.

When I go into the Jukebox, inside of each folder (or album) the songs are no longer in the original order, but alphabetized. They are in the original and intended order on my SD card, but somehow in the translation the Jukebox decided that it would change the order. Every folder (album) did this.

Is there something I did wrong to create this issue, or is there some way to fix it so songs appear in the correct order?

I know my iPod would work, but the sound quality is vastly superior in my mind when in pure digital format. My SD card works great and maintains the order, but seems a little slow when loading, plus I fear that leaving it inside the car will somehow damage it over time.

Any thoughts or experience?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might have succeeded by numbering the tracks from 01 up.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Kal has a point. Did you manually create the MP3s or other format and put them on the SD card? I dragged/dropped from the iTunes subfolders onto the SD card and the track names actually have 01, 02, 03... in front of the song names.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zulujams
Kal has a point. Did you manually create the MP3s or other format and put them on the SD card? I dragged/dropped from the iTunes subfolders onto the SD card and the track names actually have 01, 02, 03... in front of the song names.

Yes, I dragged them in from iTunes as well, but mine have no numbers in front of it. Odd.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Curious: do tracks on your SD card show track #s in front of the song names? I got annoyed with MMI not handling the MIX mode well (it was getting stuck in subfolders) and so I blew away all artist and album folders, putting all tracks together on the root of the SD card. I'll see if I can try uploading what I have from SD to jukebox now and see what happens. Will post pack as soon as I can.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zulujams
Curious: do tracks on your SD card show track #s in front of the song names? I got annoyed with MMI not handling the MIX mode well (it was getting stuck in subfolders) and so I blew away all artist and album folders, putting all tracks together on the root of the SD card. I'll see if I can try uploading what I have from SD to jukebox now and see what happens. Will post pack as soon as I can.
Let us know. I have kept all my music on SD cards and portable HD drives so far.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow that was easy and fast. I uploaded over a dozen tracks from my SD card to the jukebox. The tracks are a mix of mp3 from owned CDs and m4as from downloads in iTunes. The jukebox restored the artist/album folder structure that I had blown away on my SD card--surprising. At least for my mp3s, the songs were put back in the correct order, and the track #s were removed from the song titles. I didn't have any full albums of m4a format to check for you. Maybe try wiping out the jukebox and then import just a few tracks at a time to see what happens? Good luck. Thanks by the way. Supposed to doing something else but now all I can think about is loading up the SD card with more and transfering! Have not had the Audi too long and haven't had as much time to play with the features as I'd like...
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The issue looks to be in how the tag metadata is ordered. This thread describes this in detail. The fix is a bit involved though.

http://www.go-audi.com/forum/f48/aud...t-13512-3.html
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gat821
The issue looks to be in how the tag metadata is ordered. This thread describes this in detail. The fix is a bit involved though.
Yup and, if I am not willing to edit metadata for a music server in my house, I ain't gonna do it for my car.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Still not sure why the tracks didn't copy over well for the OP, but I admit I didn't read the info at the link provided. I did want to say though that I ran the import from the entire contents of the SD card on the way to work this morning. I didn't have a ton on the card but a good amount of test data. I was impressed that I could listen to music while importing. The import seemed fast to me but of course it depends on the amount of data. I have not had any kind of lockup issue when using MIX mode unlike the SD card. The jukebox seems to initialize faster when getting started in a car that has been off for awhile. Overall very happy with the jukebox. Hopefully the OP will be able to start over one way or another and get things to work correctly.

Quick Reply: Puzzled About Jukebox Feature