A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Puzzled About Jukebox Feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
Still not sure why the tracks didn't copy over well for the OP, but I admit I didn't read the info at the link provided. I did want to say though that I ran the import from the entire contents of the SD card on the way to work this morning. I didn't have a ton on the card but a good amount of test data. I was impressed that I could listen to music while importing. The import seemed fast to me but of course it depends on the amount of data. I have not had any kind of lockup issue when using MIX mode unlike the SD card. The jukebox seems to initialize faster when getting started in a car that has been off for awhile. Overall very happy with the jukebox. Hopefully the OP will be able to start over one way or another and get things to work correctly.
Read the OP question again. He was not complaining about the speed or quality of his import. He was complaining about the fact that all songs become alphabetized. Which they do. That's life. I also am very happy with the jukebox. And when the alphabetization bothers me, I put it on shuffle.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alphatero
Read the OP question again. He was not complaining about the speed or quality of his import. He was complaining about the fact that all songs become alphabetized. Which they do. That's life. I also am very happy with the jukebox. And when the alphabetization bothers me, I put it on shuffle.
Of course, that's not a solution for classical music nor a satisfying one for most of us.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did read the OP's post and understood what the issue is. When I said that I don't understand why the tracks didn't copy over well, I was referring to the lack of order. I tried to reproduce the issue but found that my tracks went from the SD card to the jukebox just find, keeping the original order. I went on from there to get excited about the speed and ease of use. I still hope the OP can find a solution to the order problem. My transfers are working as expected.