A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rear Ended... :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get a quote from 2-3 shops and then demand the insurance company cuts YOU a check in one of those amounts (preferably the higher one of course). Spend the money however you see fit (e.g. s-line bumper).

It's happened to me a few times. The last time was when a lady slow speed t-boned me in my 330... fortunately it was just a bad scuff on the passenger side of the bumper cover... the insurance company paid $450-ish for a replacement cover but I paid a local guy $150 to sand and paint that section... it worked great.

The flipside is when my sister-in-law backed into our BMW wagon... that was a $1100 repair including a new hood. I ended up having to pay a few hundred to get an OEM hood versus aftermarket hood... I sometimes hate insurance companies.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I also was just rear-ended in my brand new 2012! So pissed. And worse, the guy who bumped me didn't want to exchange insurance info... wanted to do it with cash and gave me his business card. I was foolish enough to just take that and move on. He was very good at manipulating me (and, to be fair to me, I was just leaving the doctor's office and because I'm feeling ill).

So, now I'm off to figure out if they can repair the small dent and scratches on a metallic paint. Not exactly sure where to go, though... 3rd party or Audi service?

FYI - a Bimmer hit me. I think it's personal.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you too! Good luck with it Jon. I hope he doesn't try to screw you since he didn't wanna give you insurance info. At least you have his business card. Don't let him push you around!

On the bright side, at least you already have the S-line bumper and aren't trying to finagle one like me.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markinarch
On the bright side, at least you already have the S-line bumper and aren't trying to finagle one like me.
True, true. But you have an awesome exterior color! It looks gorgeous.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markinarch
So I took the car into the insurance adjuster for the estimate on repair. They only want to give me 411 crappy dollars. They also said they were only going to paint the portion of the bumper that they need to which doesn't fly with me bc I am sure you will be able to see the difference since I have metallic paint. I played it cool and didn't say too much then and also didn't accept or agree to anything they offered. I am going to another few body shops to see what their estimate is, going back to the insurance and tell them they WILL paint my whole bumper and see what happens from there. It doesn't look like I will be able to get the S Line bumper without putting some serious cash down if they are just planning on giving me $411 so that is most likely not going to happen. This is a pain. All I know is that I shouldn't have to live with a less than perfect bumper for the next 4-5 years just bc somebody hits ME at a stoplight and the insurance company wants to go cheap on me...
Oh yea, tell that adjuster he can repaint portion of the bumper on his POS not a late model Audi, tell him that your neck starting to hurt when you look at his unreasonable offer, that'll make him move his fat a$$ and settle with you asap. BTW: you don't have to repair anything just take the check from them and use the money to buy yourself an s-line bumper then sell yours in classifieds
Old 11-22-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark if you are using Audi Dallas, they got bought out by Goodson, that's why the Acura bodyshop. They dont do too bad work though, IIRC.

I have a great body shop here in DFW to send to you - they really only do higher end European. Only ones (at one time) certified to work on the A8 Alu frame.

PM coming.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
I also was just rear-ended in my brand new 2012! So pissed. And worse, the guy who bumped me didn't want to exchange insurance info... wanted to do it with cash and gave me his business card. I was foolish enough to just take that and move on. He was very good at manipulating me (and, to be fair to me, I was just leaving the doctor's office and because I'm feeling ill).

So, now I'm off to figure out if they can repair the small dent and scratches on a metallic paint. Not exactly sure where to go, though... 3rd party or Audi service?

FYI - a Bimmer hit me. I think it's personal.
So sorry to hear that Jon! The pics of your car got me through the waiting for mine!