A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rear Fog Mod - VCDS Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fog Mod - VCDS Help

Anyone get this to work on a MY2010? I've also tried Bit 2, Change 1 to 0, but nothing seems to be there to change, or it doesn't appear to do anything once changed. Haven't tried searching around the Long Coding much yet, thought I'd poll the forum first. Not a big deal, but would like to keep them on in blizzards we get up this way.

Rear Fog Lights stay on with High-beams
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 4 Bit 1 - Change 1 to 0
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bumpity, bump, bump, bump... Anyone?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

So do you want the rear fog lights to come on automatically when the headlights are on? I don't think its a good idea to blind drivers behind you! They should only be turned in heavy rain, snow, or fog.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmm...ya AFAIK, changing byte 4 bit 2 from 1 to 0 should work, tho I haven't done this mod. It accepts the change but doesn't do anything? It should work on an S-line if anything.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mgm
So do you want the rear fog lights to come on automatically when the headlights are on? I don't think its a good idea to blind drivers behind you! They should only be turned in heavy rain, snow, or fog.
No. This is to allow them to stay on when you hit your high beams. We get some pretty bad blizzards up this way in the winter. It's sometimes better to use your brights to cut through the cross-winds of blowing snow. But, as configured, all US spec cars shut-off the rear fogs when the brights are activated. This leaves your a_s hanging out in the wind for someone to punch.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Here you go. This is DavidB8's website, full of cool mods. Also check out Audizine forums.

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComEXLight.html
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Hmm...ya AFAIK, changing byte 4 bit 2 from 1 to 0 should work, tho I haven't done this mod. It accepts the change but doesn't do anything? It should work on an S-line if anything.
Yeah, tried both and they both accept, but don't change the behaviour. First VCDS mod listed that hasn't worked for me thus far. Anyhow, will try again tonight after work. Sometimes takes a few times to stick with this stuff. Not often, but sometimes I just can't explain why it works. If you come across anything else, do let me know and I'll give it a try...
Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mgm
Here you go. This is DavidB8's website, full of cool mods. Also check out Audizine forums.

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComEXLight.html
Same thing I've already tried. Actually got the procedure from his site. Thanks though.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ya whenever I change a byte value, I always click on a different one to make sure the change sticks before closing the window.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Ya whenever I change a byte value, I always click on a different one to make sure the change sticks before closing the window.
Good to know. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Rear Fog Mod - VCDS Help