A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Regarding the 2013 Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Yoh
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding the 2013 Facelift

Ok my first post!

I have been debating for a while if I should buy the 2012 A4 or wait for the new facelifted one.

I think we have all seen the (arguably quite ugly, especially the lights) A5 and the camo A4. I couldn't really make much of the A4 changes until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73r-w2sjVx0

at 0:37... the lights look exactly like the new A5, which I think looks bad... can I conclude that the new A4 will have those lights as well?

Also, I would like advice for the 2012 A4... the exact specs I am looking for is probably P+ Monsoon Gray, automatic quattro, B&O, and I am debating if I should get the sports package and the nav? Can I have some input on that please? If I do get all those... its almost like the Prestige now...

The nav alone does NOT have any parking/backing sensors... is this correct? I need to add an additional 550 or so for those sensors? I am simply talking about beeping sounds rather than full on cameras ( I dont need those )

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoh
Also, I would like advice for the 2012 A4... the exact specs I am looking for is probably P+ Monsoon Gray, automatic quattro, B&O, and I am debating if I should get the sports package and the nav? Can I have some input on that please? If I do get all those... its almost like the Prestige now...
Looks like the sports package is a good deal for 2012, at $750. I paid $1400 for the sports package on our 2010 A4 (probably because the 2010 package upgraded the wheels to 18", but those wheels have become standard for 2012). I'd say yes, the sports package is worthwhile - provided you do not have any plans to switch to an aftermarket suspension in the future.
The nav alone does NOT have any parking/backing sensors... is this correct? I need to add an additional 550 or so for those sensors? I am simply talking about beeping sounds rather than full on cameras ( I dont need those )
No, and no. The Nav+ system comes with the sensors and the rear view camera. The camera has a very wide field of view and lets you see approaching cars and pedestrians as you're backing out of a stall; extremely helpful when you're sandwiched between a couple of minivans or SUVs.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Yoh
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiAnnie
No, and no. The Nav+ system comes with the sensors and the rear view camera. The camera has a very wide field of view and lets you see approaching cars and pedestrians as you're backing out of a stall; extremely helpful when you're sandwiched between a couple of minivans or SUVs.
Then what are the Rear Acoustic Parking Sensors for $550?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoh
Then what are the Rear Acoustic Parking Sensors for $550?
There is conflicting information. Not all of the Nav+ descriptions on the website mention the backup camera and rear sensors, so there may in fact be a change for 2012.
I just checked our 2010 A4 option list, and the Nav option price was $2500, not $2000 as it is for the 2012 model. I also know that there have been supply problems for the camera module, so perhaps Audi have decided to drop that, then make the backup sensors a separate item.
If that's the case, then it's really a shame, as the Nav package with the backup features was a very nice option.

Last edited by AudiAnnie; 08-25-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiAnnie
There is conflicting information. Not all of the Nav+ descriptions on the website mention the backup camera and rear sensors, so there may in fact be a change for 2012.
I just checked our 2010 A4 option list, and the Nav option price was $2500, not $2000 as it is for the 2012 model. I also know that there have been supply problems for the camera module, so perhaps Audi have decided to drop that, then make the backup sensors a separate item.
If that's the case, then it's really a shame, as the Nav package with the backup features was a very nice option.
That is exactly right. With the 2012's you can now get the acoustic sensors and backup camera separately from the nav. However its only one way. You can get the nav and decide to not get the sensors/camera, but you can't get the sensors/camera without getting nav. Probably due to the higher resolution screen that the nav has.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My car is coming with rear sensors and Navi, however no mention of backup camera.

Can I add this later on when/if Audi catches up with the demand?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Quattro
My car is coming with rear sensors and Navi, however no mention of backup camera.

You really need to insure your car is rear camera ready. Do NOT accept what the salesman tells you - get it in writing. If there's no mention, then your car isn't camera ready and you cannot install one later unless you want to pay $2,000+ after the fact.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Quattro

From my understanding, if it has the parking sensors, it has the camera. I think they just dont' mention the camera because of the supply issue, but if it has the sensors, its implied it has the camera. Just make sure you clarify. I just picked up my 2012 A4 Prestige a couple of weeks ago, it didn't mention a camera, but it has it.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Just got a 2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation but no backup sensors. Put the car in reverse as I driving away from dealer and found the dreaded no rear backup. Since my car has no backup sensors can I not add the backup camera? Please help clarify.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Seagrave77
Just got a 2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation but no backup sensors. Put the car in reverse as I driving away from dealer and found the dreaded no rear backup. Since my car has no backup sensors can I not add the backup camera? Please help clarify.
Since Audi separated the nav and backup sensor package, I think you're unfortunately out of luck if you didn't get the backup sensor option. Could they retrofit it after the fact? It might be possible, you'll have to ask the dealer, but I'd expect it would cost a lot more than the option price.

Quick Reply: Regarding the 2013 Facelift