A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Roll call of North American orders.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a commission Number??

My commission number is 431355
Factory Order Bank (10) What ever that means Requested Production week is 31/2008
Assigned Production Week is 32/2008
Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default So only 3 guaranteed orders so far? Myself, markcincinnati and RoyM?

Everyone else is either waiting for a manual, waiting for avant allocation, or has not received an official commission number.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: So only 3 guaranteed orders so far? Myself, markcincinnati and RoyM?

You'd think there would be more, eh? You'd also think that this is, in part, some of the reasoning AoA must employ to determine if the MT versions would really be worth it.

It is true that you can buy some BMW's with either MT or AT -- yet, it is nearly impossible to find an MT "in stock."

But BMW's are much more popular, based on the monthly sales figures, than Audis (at least in the US, not always the case in other countries, China and Germany come to mind), so Audi goes with the money.

Apparently, even with the activity level on this site, I'd wager it would be damn near impossible to get an order, with a $500 deposit, for 50 MT Audis to be placed at the same time.

But the cries for MT's from the lunatic fringe (I am a card carrying member, retired) would lead the casual observer to conclude that Audi of America has its head up its nose for not bringing MT versions to market.

My opinion, unsolicted, I know: if Audi brought the MT's to market they would rust faster than they would sell.

"Therefore, make peace with your god, whatever you conceive him to be: hairy thunderer or cosmic muffin. With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal, the world continues to deteriorate. Give up!"
Old 07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Add me to the list...

B8 A4 2.0T, Premium Plus, Black Metallic Color (forgot the name), Cardamom Beige w/Aluminum Trim interior, Nav w/Camera.

Depending on when the price comes out, might upgrade to the Prestige.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.0Tq Avant, Misano Red, S-Line, Prestige, Nav+Rear Camera, Drive Select, Sun Shades

First Avant allocation, but no commission number yet.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM

Default 2.0T Prestige Brilliant Black with Black and dark wood trim and tiptronic

Brilliant Black
Black leather
Prestige
Dark wood trim
Tiptronic
NAV/Back up camera

In first dealer allotment with anticipated delivery of mid Sept or sooner.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Roll call of North American orders.

Confirmed Commission Number, Week 6/30 build
Brilliant Black/Black

2.0T Sedan Quattro, Tip, Prestige,S Line, Audi Drive Select, Navigation, Front Filler Plate
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ibis White 2.0T 6 sp tip + Stasis Challenge and everything except rear airbags

Ordered the Ibis White 6 sp Tiptronic with the 2.0T. Configured with Prestige Package, S-Line, Nav with camera, Audi Drive Select, Adaptive Cruise, Sunshades, CA Emissions, and front grill filler.

The order was part of the first orders placed at Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose, CA. No confirmed delivery date yet, but the expected delivery date is mid-September, approximately 3 weeks before the Audi Club Driving Event at Sears Point. Can't wait...

I'm still waiting on the details of the Stasis package. We would all like to have seen the details by now, but Stasis has only had a B8 A4 in their shop for a short period of time, just about long enough to take measurements, and look for some minor fitment indicators. The story that I hear is that there is still a signifficant amount of engineering left to do with this car. The Challenge package is certain to include upgraded brakes, wheels and tires, but beyond that, it's anyone's guess. I'm hoping that the new package will include the K04 upgrade, with a new (dual) exhaust, sway bars, chip, and intake. The goal is to transform the car with these mod's and a body kit, with the improvements expected to yield a minimum of 50, maybe as much as 80 - 100 bhp.

The prior KO4 upgrade for the existing 2.0T engine showed excellent results, with signifficant horsepower gains, but all I can do now is to speculate, hope and dream a bit.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:38 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Hopefully the chip tuning masterminds will be able to manipulate ValveLift in an interesting way.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Default Response statistics.

Forgive the small sample size. One order represents about 6%.

<u>Model</u>
81% Sedan 19% Avant

<u>Engine</u>
100% 2.0T 0% 3.2

<u>Transmission</u>
70% Tiptronic 30% Manual

<u>Trim</u>
75% Prestige 19% Premium Plus 6% Premium

<u>Exterior</u>
19% Brilliant Black, 19% White, 12% Phantom Black, 12% Meteor, 12% Misano Red, 6% Ice Silver, 6% Monza Silver, 14% Other

<u>Interior</u>
75% Black, 19% Beige, 6% Grey

<u>Options</u>
81% Nav, 69% Drive Select, 62% S-Line (Interesting since it is widely debated that the S-Line option is nothing more than a wasteful appearance package.) :-), 31% Sun shades, 19% Wood, 6% ACC

Quick Reply: Roll call of North American orders.