A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sirius expired early

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question, for everybody that's getting the $77 deal, does that include the traffice updates also? Sirius is offering me the $77 deal but telling me the traffic adds $46 to that. Not sure if it's worth it.

phxflyboy
Old 09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Someone mentioned Pandora earlier in the thread. I have the Pandora app on my Blackberry (Curve 8330) and listen to it all the time. Can I listen to that through my car somehow (bluetooth? cable? other?)?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they offer me $77 for 1/yr... ill take it.. but i hate how talk radio voice volume is so low.... and when it goes to the commercial there is a ton of bass and its loud... its a great shock to the ears... i mainly listen to NFL Radio and ESPN/CNN on there.. its nice to have continuous talk radio on a 5-6 hour drive..

funny thing is.. when you get stopped at a light under a bridgeand you lose signal.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

So after owning my A4 for about a month, the Sirius radio stopped yesterday and is displaying the subscription number. Just called into Sirius and was told my trial subscription was never activated, only some demo period for dealers. CS activated my trial and got 4 months.

I'm glad that my subscription went out though, it answered a few questions for me. I have the 3G MMI and the onscreen traffic, "a la google maps traffic" and TMC still works without the Sirius subscription. I might just let if my trial laps since I don't listen to more than 2 stations anyhow.

Hope this helps for ppl with 3G MMI.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dht34
So after owning my A4 for about a month, the Sirius radio stopped yesterday and is displaying the subscription number. Just called into Sirius and was told my trial subscription was never activated, only some demo period for dealers. CS activated my trial and got 4 months.

I'm glad that my subscription went out though, it answered a few questions for me. I have the 3G MMI and the onscreen traffic, "a la google maps traffic" and TMC still works without the Sirius subscription. I might just let if my trial laps since I don't listen to more than 2 stations anyhow.

Hope this helps for ppl with 3G MMI.
So for the colored highway traffic info you don't need Sirius?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
So for the colored highway traffic info you don't need Sirius?

I was mistaken. My colored highway traffic went out yesterday, same as my TMC traffic alert. I called in to Sirius and they confirmed it. My radio subscription is about to expire at the end of the month so they were willing to give me a deal of $88/yr before taxes (not quite the $77/yr deal I've seen around here), EXCLUDING the traffic alert.

I was told I could purchase the traffic alert by itself without the Sirius radio if I chose to. I reupped the traffic alert for $46/yr (includes tax, don't recall the price before it) and with in a minute, the colored highway traffic and TMC was back up.

He then offered a 5 month for $20 one time only subscription on my current radio plan. I said sure, give me 5 more months for $20.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was mistaken. My colored highway traffic went out yesterday, same as my TMC traffic alert. I called in to Sirius and they confirmed it. My radio subscription is about to expire at the end of the month so they were willing to give me a deal of $88/yr before taxes (not quite the $77/yr deal I've seen around here), EXCLUDING the traffic alert.

I was told I could purchase the traffic alert by itself without the Sirius radio if I chose to. I reupped the traffic alert for $46/yr (includes tax, don't recall the price before it) and with in a minute, the colored highway traffic and TMC was back up.

He then offered a 5 month for $20 one time only subscription on my current radio plan. I said sure, give me 5 more months for $20.
It sucks for those of us in more rural areas that A: Don't have much traffic and B: probably aren't covered by the service anyway.

But it would be nice the times I do drive into a metro area.

So you were offered it without the radio sub huh, the website says you have to have a radio sub, and I certainly don't want to pay $100+ a year for radio.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was mistaken. My colored highway traffic went out yesterday, same as my TMC traffic alert. I called in to Sirius and they confirmed it.

Why Audi couldn't include free traffic alerts I'll never know. There are great FM based traffic alerts not to mention Google's and instead we have to pay Sirius for theirs? Hate that.... and most likely will not be paying (and thus having) traffic.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joesky
Why Audi couldn't include free traffic alerts I'll never know. There are great FM based traffic alerts not to mention Google's and instead we have to pay Sirius for theirs? Hate that.... and most likely will not be paying (and thus having) traffic.
I hear yah. I originally thought it was free like google maps, but then I remembered that you needed an internet connection for google maps to work. I personally have found the traffic alerts and color highway maps very useful in my daily driving.

I also noticed that the 3G nav utilizes these traffic alerts as part of their route configuration. I was driving home from vegas and since there was really only 1 main highway to and from vegas, the nav told me to take a detour half way home because of heavy traffic ahead. Sure enough, traffic came up, got off the highway per nav, drove a mile to another highway and saved myself about an 1hrs worth of traffic. I thought that was really cool.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Blake P
8 months and counting...

Only listened to it when I got the car until I was able to get my hands on an iPod cable.
Blake, the dealer should have provided the iPod cable at no charge when you got the car.