A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Soon to be new A4 Owner Sport Package ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be new A4 Owner Sport Package ?

Hello All,

I'm going to make a purchase in the next day or two and am just on the fence between the Sport package or not on the A4.

As coming from BMW I know the sport suspension is the same height until you get to the M-Sport with is about 1/2 inch lower.

So my question would be is the sport package on the A4 any lower than non?

Thank you for a speedy reply.
JC
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

20mm lower in US, 30 in EU.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The sport suspension is noticeably firmer then the standard setup. Its a mild drop compared to stock, just enough to kill the extra wheel gap. Even if it isn't low enough for some, its worth it for the nicer seats and steering wheel. You can always swap out the suspension later, the seats and wheel aren't so cheap to come by after the fact.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NJRoadFan
The sport suspension is noticeably firmer then the standard setup. Its a mild drop compared to stock, just enough to kill the extra wheel gap. Even if it isn't low enough for some, its worth it for the nicer seats and steering wheel. You can always swap out the suspension later, the seats and wheel aren't so cheap to come by after the fact.

+1, I just bought an A4 with the sport package and manual tranny. I have been driving BMWs, most of them with the sport package,for over 30 years and wanted an Audi that would not make me miss a BMW. I am very pleased with the car especially the seats. The ride is a little firm but not uncomfortable. I also like the 3 spoke steering wheel. Could not find a car with this combo locally but my dealer did find one in NJ and had it trucked down to MD. I am very happy with my purchase. Definitely go with the sport package and I also highly recommend the manual tranny. It makes the car a true sports sedan.

Last edited by rmorin1249; 01-12-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the responses I just picked up a 2013 A4 Brilliant black on Black Premium Sport much better with the suspension the gap fill was well worth the difference in just looks alone.

I converted from a BMW 328 M-Sport and I'm sure I enjoy this much better!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by warzon
Thanks for the responses I just picked up a 2013 A4 Brilliant black on Black Premium Sport much better with the suspension the gap fill was well worth the difference in just looks alone.

I converted from a BMW 328 M-Sport and I'm sure I enjoy this much better!
Premium Plus that is :-)
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
20mm lower in US, 30 in EU.
In Europe there are two versions of "sport chassis". The "sport chassis" is lowered 20mm. The "S-line sport chassis" is lowered 30mm.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by warzon
Premium Plus that is :-)
Congrats. To me, the P+ manual with sport pac is the sweet spot for the A4. That's my 09's configuration, and I wouldn't have bought the car any other way.
Good decision, and best of luck with your new baby.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm currently at my 1300KM of my new A4 '13 P+ S-Line (19"inch rotor wheels) and that car is sportier but comfortable (probably more comfortable than my '10 Premium A4 with 18")

Didn't try yet the Dynamic setting for long but the car is just awesome and perfect!

I'm the kind of person that I'm very difficult on keeping a car for a long period of time but with my '10 A4 Premium I was without a doubt taking another A4...

2 Thumbs up for the 'A4 P+ S-Line! (with rotor wheels!)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I leased a 2009 P+ sports package and now lease a 2012 S-line. The 2009 had 18" P7s summer rubber. It was significantly lower than the 2012. The low drop was a problem on speed bumps. Particularly on private lot's speed bumps meant for trucks. The 2012 seems an inch higher but also rides better with no wheel shimmy. (2009 suffered many pothole bashes and needed 3 wheel straightenings)

I have seen Euro s-lines with 30mm drops. Not practical in the US northeast.

The 19" s-line wheels look sharp and the summer Contis handle great. Personally I think they are impractical in potholed metro NYC but nice when I head to the country. For winter I bought a 17" Dunlop 3D tire/wheel package from Tire Rack. It rides much better and handling is fine. So far no snow since I mounted them but it is predicted tomorrow and a short ski trip is planned later this week.

The freak early November snow came when the summer tires were on and the trip home was scary. Drove like racing slicks. IMHOP all-seasons are for your father's Oldsmobile.

Quick Reply: Soon to be new A4 Owner Sport Package ?