A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sports Package v Stock

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Package v Stock

Setting aside the fact that rims are def better with the sport package, but what about the handling of the car. Is it that noticable to spend the extra money to get it? Also, if there are any other factors please do share.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In addition, i am thinking about getting the quartz grey, how ever has i please share pros and cons
Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snicolio
Setting aside the fact that rims are def better with the sport package, but what about the handling of the car. Is it that noticable to spend the extra money to get it? Also, if there are any other factors please do share.
Did you search for this on the forum?

Sports pkg handling is a bit stiffer and worth every penny. See if you can test drive the 2 models but the sports pkg is worth it. For me the seats alone are worth it. If you don't like a hard suspension or a rough ride go with the non-sport.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the sports package without even trying it. I tried a P+ and closed on it, but as i left the dealer i walked by a car which I had noticed when i first pulled in to the dealership. It was gone while I was test driving but back now. Walked back into the dealership and said I wanted the blue one out there. I do not regret it a single minute.

Sport all the way.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by snicolio
Night and Day. Even if you're not into a very stiff ride, the Audi sport package isn't *that* stiff. As stated above, the price is worth it even for just the seats.

If you're even asking the question, I'd say the answer is to get the sport package. There are no cons, only pros.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sourdough Josh
Night and Day. Even if you're not into a very stiff ride, the Audi sport package isn't *that* stiff. As stated above, the price is worth it even for just the seats.

If you're even asking the question, I'd say the answer is to get the sport package. There are no cons, only pros.
Don't forget the paddle shifters that come with the sport pkg!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do it - you won't regret it.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The handling is much better and the ride is more controlled. The steering feels tighter. The ride is not harsh. I have driven many A4 demos and loaners. Get the sports package. One caveat is it is lower so watch out your don't bottom out. No as low as my 1955 Austin Healy was.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Without question, get the Sport Package. I think it is easily the best value of any of the option packages available on the A4. I test drove an A4 without the Sport Package, and IMO, the ride felt a bit soft and sloppy. The ride with the Sport Package is more firm and controlled, without being punishing. Others have mentioned the seats, suspension and wheels, but I also think the steering wheel is a significant upgrade over that of the non-sport models.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The sport suspension and the quattro is a great combination. No regrets! If you are worried about clearance then q5 is your choice but don't expect to take corners at 35+ mph.

Quick Reply: Sports Package v Stock