A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

STaSIS Flash Promo

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$400-$500 when on sale..$900-$1000 when not.. Seems steep to me but I am sure you guys have done your homework and figured your costs.

I think I'll stick with APR and have the multi programs so if I have a problem, switch to stock and take her to the dealer.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer wants to, they can see the number of times the ECU has been written to - it's a non-erasable counter in the ECU as far as I understand.

So, problem occurs and they see the ECU is written to more times that Audi's computer should have written to it and there will be questions to answer which may implicate warranty.

With the Stasis flash, you go in the computer that the car is flashed. It's an up-front declaration and the Stasis flash is there with Audi's limited blessing (limited in that they will throw warranty claims at Stasis).

For me, the $400 extra above the standard flash prices is reasonable for the peace of mind it instills.

Underneath, it seems to be the GIAC 91-31 Octane 'Pump Flash'. Single program, no switching.

John.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was in the automotive field for a lot of years when I was younger and just about everything you buy on a new car is about the warranty no the product. So I do get it.

How far does your realm extend though? You have an agreement with AOA what about AOC?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been discussed elsewhere - there is no written agreement as such. I think AoA have some agreement with Stasis that allows them to sell alongside Audi's base products on the showroom floor.

John.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor

Signature Series ECU Tuning

The modern Electronic Control Unit (ECU) manages a variety of engine functions including ignition timing, fuel injection, and turbo boost pressure. Tuning the ECU within the design parameters of the 2.0T power plant allows STaSIS to provide reliable power gains without sacrificing longevity. With significant gains in low end out put Signature Series software is the no compromise solution for increased engine performance.

Power
Stock configuration of the 2.0T power plant is rated at 211hp/258lbft. Signature Series software pushes out put to 261hp/305lbft when paired with STaSIS exhaust components. The numbers speak for themselves, but the exhilaration provided by improved low end power will turn your daily driver into a race-bred sleeper.

Throttle Response
Improved low end torque translates into better throttle response for all types of driving. Whether carving canyons or changing lanes, better throttle feedback improves your feel for the road.

Reliability
Through development with technical partner Mahle Powertrain, STaSIS Engineering's Signature Series software is capable of maintaining OE reliability and durability. As the first Audi aftermarket supplier to provide 4-year/50,000 mile warranty coverage STaSIS has tapped into the research and development carried out by Mahle. Understanding the performance parameters and limitations of the 2.0T allows our software to create excitement without compromise.

Best way to explain our warranty is, we pick up where Audi leaves off.

Email me ASAP to obtain a code to recieve $50 off $995 or more.
This is just for the flash, dealers bill 1hr labor.
________
medical marijuana

Last edited by jeff@stasis; 02-01-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jeff,

PM sent a few days ago before these forums crashed, wanted to make sure they reached you....

Thx.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor

We did, Tifani should be in contact with you soon.
________
grape ape pictures

Last edited by jeff@stasis; 02-01-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeff@stasis
We did, Tifani should be in contact with you soon.
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Question for STaSIS:

Why don't Audi engineers (who are arguably as capable as anyone doing such mods) tune the ECU this way from the factory? It certainly would make their cars more competitive, no? Or is it that such modifications have some eventual downside risk in terms of engine/transmission reliability and longevity? Perhaps some other reason? Care to explain to an inquiring mind?

Last edited by noka; 11-17-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by noka
Question for STaSIS:

Why don't Audi engineers (who are arguably as capable as anyone doing such mods) tune the ECU this way from the factory? It certainly would make their cars more competitive, no? Or is it that such modifications have some eventual downside risk in terms of engine/transmission reliability and longevity? Perhaps some other reason? Care to explain to an inquiring mind?
absolutely great question!!!!!

Quick Reply: STaSIS Flash Promo