A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Stasis rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis rear sway bar

I took my A4 to an Autocross on Saturday and I noticed a TON of understeer, even more then the times I've been at Infineon. Has anyone purchased a Stasis anti-roll bar or have any other recommendations for a different one? I'm not going to upgrade the springs. It already has the Sport Suspension Package which I like. It's my daily driver and I like the way it handles on the road.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/Cat...ID=222&PID=211
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Nick, i noticed the same thing when i went on the track. Now i have the H&R sport springs (they should lower the car 0.8" in the front, 0.3" in the back but in reality its a bit more) with the H&R swaybars (24 Rear/ 30 Front). The ride is stiff, i like it and i cant wait to try it next month on the track. I'll keep you posted.
PS: your back tires are going to rub slightly when you have adults in the back seat or when you hit some bumps.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, thats why I don't want to change the springs. I really like the ride and stance of the car as it is right now and just want to get something to help a little bit correcting the understeer. If H&R makes an anti roll bar, I'll look into that as well. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by NickZag
Yeah, thats why I don't want to change the springs. I really like the ride and stance of the car as it is right now and just want to get something to help a little bit correcting the understeer. If H&R makes an anti roll bar, I'll look into that as well. Thanks.
H&R does make sway bars, front and back. They really tighten up your turns and help tighten up that under-steer. If you are tracking the car you will definitely notice a difference, nearly night and day. I also agree that if you have the sport package, I wouldn't worry about prings.

Here is a quick link to front and rear sway bars from H&R. We carry them for the avant and the sedan.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
H&R does make sway bars, front and back. They really tighten up your turns and help tighten up that under-steer. If you are tracking the car you will definitely notice a difference, nearly night and day. I also agree that if you have the sport package, I wouldn't worry about prings.

Here is a quick link to front and rear sway bars from H&R. We carry them for the avant and the sedan.
I'll probably order from you in the next month or so. Would having them front and rear make my car too stiff on the road? Please keep in mind this is my daily driver. I don't want to kill the comfort

Last edited by NickZag; 03-25-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

No, front and rears would be fine. Keep in mind that the sway bars don't really stiffen up your car's suspension like a full set of coil-overs. For DD, front and rears will help you stick into corners though by eliminating some under-steer. So if you drive your car daily like you are on the track, then maybe you'd think it too much. But for an average driver who likes to be a fanatic driver on a whim, front and rears are prime.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oddly enough every set of coilovers I have ever used, except for on my trucks stiffened the ride. They may be better dampened than OEM but most of them such as KW V2 for my B6 S4, Tein CS for my IS 350, and PSS9 for my B6 A4 all seemed to ride better than stock. They absorbed the bumps better and gave better control.
I have heard that Statis Ohlins are primo and from I know about Ohlins it must just be insane.
Sway bars can provide for a stiffer ride because when you hit a bump in the road it may not give the force to both left and right tire. Thus the stiffer bar would make the hit a little more jarring because the wheel that hits the bump will not move as freely as with a softer bar.
Now if you hit a bump in the road such as a dip that affect both left and right at the same time, then it would be hard to tell their is a stiffer bar.