A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

STaSIS suspension drop versus Audi Sports Package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea on how the Stasis anti roll bar performs, but it has to be better then the OEM Sport Suspension. My car has a lot of body roll in the turns. Here is a picture of my car with the sport suspension and here is a picture of the amount of body roll on a track and autocross for your reference. I was going to purchase the rear anti roll bar from Stasis but they no longer sell it without buying the entire suspension kit which I have no desire to spend money on. I think the Sport Suspension does great on the track, but it needs a better anti roll bar.

Here is the Sport Suspension's body roll. While the ride is comfortable, it needs something. The Camera is on level ground in the last picture, but the car leans so hard under braking that it looks downhill. I'm almost pulling the inside rear tires off the ground lol

Old 08-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have driven non-sport and sport and now Touring Stasis A4. The Stasis springs do drop the sport setup by almost an inch. Great setup. One thing to correct though, The Stasis touring setup does not come with new bumpstops, the directions state to cut the OEM ones down.

The difference between non-sport and sport is night and day. The diff between Stasis and sport is a dramatic change even with the touring. The drop is a bit much for me. I do have to watch speed bumps and sometimes take them on an angle depending on how drastic they are. If I were to do it again, I would go with the coilovers. Atleast then I could adjust the height as needed.

On track days, even the touring handles great.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

yes , i take the ones to my house in angle even though i dont really need to, the car looks great! handles great ! and it confortable! sorry to hear that you dont want them.