A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Still not seeing many new A4's...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason you are not seeing new Audi's in the Valley is because the mayor is too busy laying pipe with second tier TV anchor women in Africa. He has allowed the vermin of society to take over the streets. Despite the highest taxes in the country Valley streets are not maintained, the sidewalks are cracked up, and petty criminals of every stripe roam everywhere. Residential areas look like junkyards, and commercial areas look bombed out. The cops won't show if you have an accident, they cannot be bothered if your business alarm goes off, but they will pony up 3,500 cops to maintain order at a memorial service for an alleged pedophile, including the swat team to watch the body. The dropout rate of the city schools is 50%, and there are so many illegal aliens that English is the second language. The foreclosure rate is stupid high because stupid lenders handed out loans to innocent people who had no chance of paying. Lots of honest people have had their credit ruined, wages have dropped as the ranks of those not working has swelled. One person in five in the county is getting welfare. With no money and no credit how do you expect them to buy an Audi? Danny McKenna (a local dealer) told me "even people who don't intend to pay are not coming in."

When you see prices of used cars are rising you know it is because the demand is there, and folks are cutting back by getting a cheaper ride than a brand new one. Even Chrysler used cars are up about 5%!

The people of the San Fernando Valley have been robbed of their way of life.

Last edited by Moviela; 07-14-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moviela
The reason you are not seeing new Audi's in the Valley is because the mayor is too busy laying pipe with second tier TV anchor women in Africa. He has allowed the vermin of society to take over the streets. Despite the highest taxes in the country Valley streets are not maintained, the sidewalks are cracked up, and petty criminals of every stripe roam everywhere. Residential areas look like junkyards, and commercial areas look bombed out. The cops won't show if you have an accident, they cannot be bothered if your business alarm goes off, but they will pony up 3,500 cops to maintain order at a memorial service for an alleged pedophile, including the swat team to watch the body. The dropout rate of the city schools is 50%, and there are so many illegal aliens that English is the second language. The foreclosure rate is stupid high because stupid lenders handed out loans to innocent people who had no chance of paying. Lots of honest people have had their credit ruined, wages have dropped as the ranks of those not working has swelled. One person in five in the county is getting welfare. With no money and no credit how do you expect them to buy an Audi? Danny McKenna (a local dealer) told me "even people who don't intend to pay are not coming in."

When you see prices of used cars are rising you know it is because the demand is there, and folks are cutting back by getting a cheaper ride than a brand new one. Even Chrysler used cars are up about 5%!

The people of the San Fernando Valley have been robbed of their way of life.
So what do you really think about the Valley? ; )

Well, what you mentioned is surely true, but I feel that easily applies to most of Los Angeles (or California for that matter). In fact, the Valley has remained a little better off than most places that have recently declined. Mind you, the street conditions, crime, and home prices have suffered, but I don't think at the same rate as other locations.

Anyway, back to Audi and the new A4. I finally made it over to the new Keyes. Not bad... not bad at all.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Since January, I've seen about a total of three new A4's in New England. That is one of the reasons I bought the car -- so I don't see everybody and their grandmother next to me at a stoplight in a new B8. I see plenty of bimmers, though.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Since January, I've seen about a total of three new A4's in New England. That is one of the reasons I bought the car -- so I don't see everybody and their grandmother next to me at a stoplight in a new B8. I see plenty of bimmers, though.
I agree here in Orange County, NY I have not seen one p+ or Prestige A4. I saw 1 premium.

Love having a car that is rare. They grow Bimmers on trees here....it is stupid how many i see on a daily basis.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see many Audi's in general here in the countryside...

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've seen 3-4 B8 P+ and 1 Premium in the Walnut/Diamond Bar area. Don't see them very often either. I see more R8 than I see the B8.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Crazy, I live in the SLC/Draper area. I have a pretty long commute, but I have seen quite a few (hard for me to quantify, and some might be duplicates), and maybe one on the street has been the flat premium. That being said, Strong Audi has a TON just sitting in the lot. I swear they must have an issue clearing the old model every year. That or they sell so many that they keep 'em stocked up. I have no idea how the other dealership near me is doing (I hate Ken Garff).

Definitely not as many as I see BMWs, but I would say it is somewhat close to compare the 2009 facelift to B8 ratio and then the 06-08 E90 to B7 ratio (might be a little skewed, as the B7 ran an extra year, I think). With that last part in mind, people really haven't been seeing these out and about?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan1524
I don't get how people don't enjoy Audis more.
"Before I get into the A4 lease rates, I’d like to point out something about Audi that bugs me. I think they are generally overpriced, compared to their competitors. If you think about it, the 328i, G37, IS250, TL are all supposed to be “competitors” to the A4 and they all pack a much beefier engine for around the same amount of cash. Outside of Audi’s AWD and stylish exterior, I really feel like they need to really bring more “ooomph” to the playing field."

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2...tes-july-2009/
Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

i've seen 5 in 1 hour driving around Hollywood & Sunset Blvd. area.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

My local dealer told me that my car is the only one with the sports package that they've sold so far. Woohoo!

Quick Reply: Still not seeing many new A4's...