A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Still not seeing many new A4's...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
My local dealer told me that my car is the only one with the sports package that they've sold so far. Woohoo!
That's what my dealer told me as well. I live in NE Ohio and have probably seen as many A5's as new A4's... which ain't many. Sunday I'm headed to Canada with kayak on roof and will be watching fer' B8's.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Moviela
The reason you are not seeing new Audi's in the Valley is because the mayor is too busy laying pipe with second tier TV anchor women in Africa. He has allowed the vermin of society to take over the streets. Despite the highest taxes in the country Valley streets are not maintained, the sidewalks are cracked up, and petty criminals of every stripe roam everywhere. Residential areas look like junkyards, and commercial areas look bombed out. The cops won't show if you have an accident, they cannot be bothered if your business alarm goes off, but they will pony up 3,500 cops to maintain order at a memorial service for an alleged pedophile, including the swat team to watch the body. The dropout rate of the city schools is 50%, and there are so many illegal aliens that English is the second language. The foreclosure rate is stupid high because stupid lenders handed out loans to innocent people who had no chance of paying. Lots of honest people have had their credit ruined, wages have dropped as the ranks of those not working has swelled. One person in five in the county is getting welfare. With no money and no credit how do you expect them to buy an Audi? Danny McKenna (a local dealer) told me "even people who don't intend to pay are not coming in."

When you see prices of used cars are rising you know it is because the demand is there, and folks are cutting back by getting a cheaper ride than a brand new one. Even Chrysler used cars are up about 5%!

The people of the San Fernando Valley have been robbed of their way of life.
Wow, I've never heard such an honest description of the valley! hahaha. I live in Sherman Oaks so I can be in denial of all of this. :-)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did any of you guys get your Audi at Keyes in Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys? I'm curious to what kind of deals they'd do.

-chance
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. You folks need to move to Detroit. As a current (2009) 3 series owner, new A4's are like Sasquatch. And as for my car? New 3-series are like Veyrons....(if by chance you're reading this in the Middle East, what I mean to say is that they're rare)
Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

True on the west side of metro Cleveland as well. Do you think that may have something to do with our once robust American auto industry having a lot of plants around our cities? I've actually had people come up to me when driving my Saab 9-5 or, most recently, my 2006 A4 and ask "What the Hell is that?" I've only seen one 2009 A4 in this area (a Meteor Gray Premium), and I expect my 2010 will be a one of a kind for a while at least.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kdonovan
True on the west side of metro Cleveland as well. Do you think that may have something to do with our once robust American auto industry having a lot of plants around our cities? I've actually had people come up to me when driving my Saab 9-5 or, most recently, my 2006 A4 and ask "What the Hell is that?" I've only seen one 2009 A4 in this area (a Meteor Gray Premium), and I expect my 2010 will be a one of a kind for a while at least.
You guys aren't looking too hard here in ohio. a4's of all years are as plentiful as big diesel pickups. I see 4 or 5 everyday while on my 30 min. commute.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Shoot, if GM, Chrysler or Ford could build something to compete with the German imports they might not be in the mess they are in. They can't even figure out how to beat VW at their own game. US auto buyers are all sheep. Here, i'll pay you to buy my product...oops I mean here's zero% financing for 72 months help me clear off my lots.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, well... I was exagerating a bit. Actually, in my small office park, there is a TT and 4 A4's, but only one 2009.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krunko
Wow, I've never heard such an honest description of the valley! hahaha. I live in Sherman Oaks so I can be in denial of all of this. :-)
Funny thing, I used to be disgruntled about the Valley and all it's problems. But I took my frustrations out and put myself into action to help the situation. I've "adopted" streets that I have rehabilitated on my own. What I'm talking about is picking up trash, stripping down illegally posted signs, painting over graffiti, reporting shopping carts, started a neighborhood watch, reported all potholes and cracked sidewalks to the city, got street lanes repainted, got trees trimmed, and business owners involved with doing the same thing. Now this may sound like a lot of work and hassle, but it actually becomes part of my daily routine while I am driving to and from work. I simply look around as I drive as to what needs cleaning up or fixing and simply make the phone call later on when I get a chance. Then in a week or month, the problem is fixed. Or a quick walk down the block with a bucket of paint and brush and it's done in 15 minutes. I've done this since 2005 and I must say, the area surrounding where I live and work (Northridge) looks better than it has in five years. I've talked to the senior lead officers of our police station and they are saying crime is also down in these areas. So , it does make a difference! I even got a reward for catching some taggers in the act!
So, back to the topic of the Valley... it's not all that bad if people stand up and work together. It might take a year or two, but it's definitely possible to improve the quality of life in the Valley.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krunko
Did any of you guys get your Audi at Keyes in Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys? I'm curious to what kind of deals they'd do.

-chance
I got a great deal there on my 2003. Being a volumn dealer has it's advantages. But with their new facility, much could be different now. LA has the advantage with so many dealerships. All you have to do is email the internet departments (of all LA dealers) telling them what you want at the price you want and see who comes closest.

Quick Reply: Still not seeing many new A4's...