A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Stupid Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Sirius

Audi gives us a pre-paid trial period for Sirius, but you can't ADD the Best of XM to that, even if you're willing to pay for it. The only way I was able to get this added was to let go of any pre-paid time and start from scratch. Seems like a pretty crappy way to run a business - "No sir, I see you standing with your wallet open and credit card in hand, but I can't take your money for a few months." Not to mention it's a crappy way to handle existing customers.

I really thought after transferring the ESN from the dealer to my existing account, letting go of the pre-paid use and adding new service that the customer service rep might do something as a courtesy. Nope - barely a thank you. Oh well... I guess they really need the money. I'm just glad to finally have the Best of XM since my B7 radio wasn't compatible.

Now if I could just get that hour of my life back...

- Jason
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default Aside from Sirius being dumb...

Originally Posted by JasonR-NYC
Audi gives us a pre-paid trial period for Sirius, but you can't ADD the Best of XM to that, even if you're willing to pay for it. The only way I was able to get this added was to let go of any pre-paid time and start from scratch. Seems like a pretty crappy way to run a business - "No sir, I see you standing with your wallet open and credit card in hand, but I can't take your money for a few months." Not to mention it's a crappy way to handle existing customers.

I really thought after transferring the ESN from the dealer to my existing account, letting go of the pre-paid use and adding new service that the customer service rep might do something as a courtesy. Nope - barely a thank you. Oh well... I guess they really need the money. I'm just glad to finally have the Best of XM since my B7 radio wasn't compatible.

Now if I could just get that hour of my life back...

- Jason

...can you confirm that you couldn't swap your XM box from your old car to the B8?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CEB
...can you confirm that you couldn't swap your XM box from your old car to the B8?
I had Sirius in the B7 too. It supposedly wasn't compatible with the Best of XM programming. What I CAN confirm is that the B8 Sirius is compatible with Best of XM. I just got the update and the stations are coming in.

- Jason
Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

What are the additional stations -- I have had Sirius for almost 4 years, I love it! But what do you get additionally with the Best of XM?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are apparently a lot of questions on the internet about Sirius package compatibility for the B8. Nice to hear that the Best of XM is compatible. My only question is: are the Sirius a la carte packages compatible with the B8 radio? My Sirius trial just ran out so I'm exploring package options.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
What are the additional stations -- I have had Sirius for almost 4 years, I love it! But what do you get additionally with the Best of XM?
http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm

All I wanted is O&A but this seems to be the only way to get it...
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I wish I could get the MLB play-by-play stations like I do on the XM radio in our house. It's a portable unit that I can plug into my jeep when I'm out and about. No joy on the A4.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
There are apparently a lot of questions on the internet about Sirius package compatibility for the B8. Nice to hear that the Best of XM is compatible. My only question is: are the Sirius a la carte packages compatible with the B8 radio? My Sirius trial just ran out so I'm exploring package options.
When I log on to my Sirius account it shows that a la carte packages are not compatible with my radio.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dk1
When I log on to my Sirius account it shows that a la carte packages are not compatible with my radio.
I didn't really listen to too many stations when I had the trial, so the a la carte packages would've been perfect for me.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JasonR-NYC
Audi gives us a pre-paid trial period for Sirius, but you can't ADD the Best of XM to that, even if you're willing to pay for it.
I was able to get them to just charge me just $4 for each month for the 3 months. The first guy I talked to said that he couldn't do it and that I would have to dump my free 3 months, but the second girl I talked to was able to do it.

That being said, all is not well. My sirius reception is not as good as what I had with XM in my B7 and the sound quality is not as good. I bought the best of XM package so I could listen to Opie and Anthony, but the station info is not coming in unless i click on the channel. If i know what station i'm looking for it works fine, but when i add one of those stations to my presets I can't access it after restarting my car.

Quick Reply: Stupid Sirius