A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sunvisors Broke...You kiddin me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markinarch
I'm going to try that Langka stuff.
The Langka stuff didn't work for me. It may be fine for solid colors, but for metallic and pearl paints you can still see the scratch. In my case the scratch was long but narrow and it was hard not to take the paint out of it
I have been most successful with the following similar procedure, no fancy stuff though:
- Get touch-up paint and clear coat from the dealer.
- Touch it up with the paint.
- Wait a few hours (e.g. 10) for the new paint to dry off.
- Use a scratch remover (e.g. GS27) and even out the blob. Be careful to not rub off completely the clear coat around it. The longer you let it dry, the harder this is going to be.
- Repeat the same with the clear coat.

It's not going to be invisible after that, but that's the best I have been able to accomplish.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

A dent and scratch at the same time? Ouch! I would call the road dept. and make them pay. Your tax dollar is not going far enough. Get the chain gang out there on the highway. They need to get out there on their hands and knees and pick up those rocks!

Seriously though, that sucks. Good luck with the paint repair.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually surprised how well I'm taking it. I am a little frustrated that the dent protection I bought for $300 only covers side panels so they won't take that one out because its on the hood. They could very easily and quickly do it... I'll see how much the dealership will charge to pop it out when I take it in tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I didn't know they had dent protection. It wasn't offered to me. Maybe because I'm leasing? I did get Audi care, but that's maintenance.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trlyka
I didn't know they had dent protection. It wasn't offered to me. Maybe because I'm leasing? I did get Audi care, but that's maintenance.
It might just be through the dealer I bought from but I'm not positive. I talked to them today to see how it works, (I bought the car in San Antonio but live in Dallas), apparently the dealer fixes the dent and they file a claim to the 'dent people' who will reimburse the dealership. It's meant for door dings. I think it should include roof dings that aren't caused by hail too...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same thing happened to mine - I am planning on a trip to the dealer next weekend.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm actually surprised how well I'm taking it. I am a little frustrated that the dent protection I bought for $300 only covers side panels so they won't take that one out because its on the hood. They could very easily and quickly do it... I'll see how much the dealership will charge to pop it out when I take it in tomorrow.

That's retarded. You would think that "dent coverage" would mean EVERY dent coverage. I had this happen on my old S4. Some ignoramus opened his passenger door into my driver's side fender, of course not leaving a note or wads of cash to fix it. I went to the dealer with my warranty, which was still fully in effect, only for them to say that it was too deep and didn't fall into their specified category of "dent". I about flipped it, complained to the manager, and he took it in and fixed it. Sometimes a little anger goes a long way.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yepp happened to me too in the first 4 months when my bestfriend was pulling out his sunvisor. the clip didnt break for me though, it was that cylindrical shaped piece on the sunvisor that broke off. I assume its because that metal clip attaches too tightly.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

The dealer said that before the 2008 models, pieces like this were only covered for 12 months. Now they are covered for the life of your warranty. 4 years/50,000.

My window is getting a new motor because they didn't have any luck fixing it any other way. Should get my car back tomorrow evening or friday morning.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dealer said that before the 2008 models, pieces like this were only covered for 12 months. Now they are covered for the life of your warranty. 4 years/50,000.
So are you saying your visor clip is covered for one year? That's interesting because my dealer refused to honor warranty for it saying it's covered for only 3 or 6 months (less than a year, certainly because the car had 9 months on it at the time).

Quick Reply: Sunvisors Broke...You kiddin me?