A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Thank You mailings from Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You mailings from Audi?

Anyone else getting these expensive mailings from Audi corporate? I've gotten some "thank you" mailings that had mostly heavyweight paper printed catalogs of overpriced Audi swag and the like. Must cost them a fortune to print and mail this stuff.

I would have been happier if they would have sent me a $20 coupon to use toward swag, and that been it. As it is, the printed stuff is now in a landfill somewhere.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you talking about that thick grey binder-like mailing full of fluff? Aside from the card listing top-tier gasoline and maybe the 100-year decal it's all pointless stuff.

And they sent it to me twice.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm expecting a Welcome package from Audi per my salesperson. I haven't seen anything except the coupon in the mail.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My sentiments exactly.

Beautifuly printed and packaged materials that went straight to the recycle can minutes after opening. :-(
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Hobbes
And they sent it to me twice.
Yeah I actually just got a second one with some other crap the other day, six months after i got the first one
Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got the Audi magazine with accessories magazine last week, although the magazine was the July edition.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got all that crap and also received some printed cards / pictures of some of their historic. What a waste of resources.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wouldn't mind getting the magazine actually!

Originally Posted by dht34
I got the Audi magazine with accessories magazine last week, although the magazine was the July edition.
I'm currently locked in a fight with Audi Customer Relations (who has apparently contacted the dealer on my behalf) to get Audi Magazine. I was promised a three-year subscription to this as per my welcome package. Picked up my new B8 A4 in January, received the welcome package in the spring, and have yet to receive an issue of the magazine. From the posts on this thread it looks like Audi is mailing stuff to people who don't want it and not mailing stuff to people who wouldn't mind it.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverA4
Anyone else getting these expensive mailings from Audi corporate? I've gotten some "thank you" mailings that had mostly heavyweight paper printed catalogs of overpriced Audi swag and the like. Must cost them a fortune to print and mail this stuff.
I bought a Saab 9-2x (which is actually a rebadged Subaru WRX) in 2005. In the mail I got a Saab mug. Then a month later I got a foldable car blanket with a Saab insignia. And then I got three years of an expensive Saab magazine full of information about every Saab model except mine (which they "disinherited" after GM sold its 20% share of Subaru in 2006). Clearly such largesse saved the company (??)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

imo, in US market, bmw is clearly better than audi in customer care and warranty service!!!

Quick Reply: Thank You mailings from Audi?