A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Vag com

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you enable FULL DRL W/FOGS? i own a 2006 audi a4
Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by urcovrd
My dealer service manager offered to do some of this stuff on my 5K service as well, no charge! He said he spends a lot of time on the forums and knows what the customers want and has no problem changing it while it's in.
Darn it! I asked my service guy to make the needle sweep and DRL not wink, he asked his service manager, and the response was, "What is all this stuff? What is Vag-Com? We only have the manufacturer's tools."
Old 04-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@markcincinnati - Do you know if Audi Connection will do the VAG-COM mods, or are they a pretty "by-the-book" shop?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Darn it! I asked my service guy to make the needle sweep and DRL not wink, he asked his service manager, and the response was, "What is all this stuff? What is Vag-Com? We only have the manufacturer's tools."
That sucks, it is called VCDS now but that shouldn't matter. I guess your service manager isn't as savvy as mine. Do you have another dealer option? They can access any and all menus if they take the time to figure out how. I guess some dealers service depts are more into getting to know the ins and outs of the cars they work on then others. Keep trying, he may just be "acting" stupid! Also, I know of an independent audi mechanic in my town who can also service the B8 and said he can also modify things in I ever take it in to his shop.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default They will. . .

. . .make mods to your car, IF THEY CAN.

They were unable to turn on the needle sweep and turn off the winking LED's -- unable, with their equipment, NOT unwilling.

If someone were to take their cable and their device to them, I am certain they would oblige -- if a bunch of us went in at once, they might charge us, but I, for one, would be happy to pay to have the changes I want taken care of.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've turned off the winking on my car. When I get a few minutes maybe I'll try a few more of these mods.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
. . .make mods to your car, IF THEY CAN.

They were unable to turn on the needle sweep and turn off the winking LED's -- unable, with their equipment, NOT unwilling.

If someone were to take their cable and their device to them, I am certain they would oblige -- if a bunch of us went in at once, they might charge us, but I, for one, would be happy to pay to have the changes I want taken care of.
I agree, these (and a couple other items) are things I'd be willing to pay for them to change, provided it was a reasonable cost. They seem like nice people thus far, so I'm sure they wouldn't gouge me, especially if I brought them the equipment.

Of course, this is all speculation as I don't even have my car yet Thanks for your response, I appreciate you letting me pick your brain.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Be aware that if the dealer does a future software upgrade on your MMI there could be a good chance that many or all of the mods will default to factory settings and they will have to be modified again. A good reason to invest in the VCDS cable.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:46 PM

I used the my vag cable to code many codes supplied through many forums. The one which has caused a problem for me which i cannot fix it seems is the Voice Control system.

I followed the Telephone (77), coding, and changed the value from 0010900 to 0010970.

I have a b8 with Navigation. it was weird that the original value was set to 0 which is OFF. Now the Voice Control system in teh MMI Sound Settings is inactive (i cant select it) and the voice button on the steering wheel is inactive as well (it says "Button inactive" when pressed).

I read somewhere that the car needs to restart a couple of times to activate but it has not. any answers?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Be aware that if the dealer does a future software upgrade on your MMI there could be a good chance that many or all of the mods will default to factory settings and they will have to be modified again. A good reason to invest in the VCDS cable.
I would suspect, and will verify with dealer, they can keep your existing settings as they update the obc or any other flashes. I just don't believe they will wipe out any customized changes w/o backing it up 1st then reapplying, especially if you ask them ahead of time...

Quick Reply: Vag com