A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Vag com

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbozzo2003
I used the my vag cable to code many codes supplied through many forums. The one which has caused a problem for me which i cannot fix it seems is the Voice Control system.

I followed the Telephone (77), coding, and changed the value from 0010900 to 0010970.

I have a b8 with Navigation. it was weird that the original value was set to 0 which is OFF. Now the Voice Control system in teh MMI Sound Settings is inactive (i cant select it) and the voice button on the steering wheel is inactive as well (it says "Button inactive" when pressed).

I read somewhere that the car needs to restart a couple of times to activate but it has not. any answers?

I would repost in the correct forum but this is exactly the perfect example of why NOT to go and get your own cable, etc. Don't get me wrong, I was all freakin out thinking, I'm tech savvy and I love to tweet things but for some reason after researching how many things I can actually mod on the car and that dealer would do majority of them for me for free upon request, take a guess... I hate to see these posts because he's going to have to pay $$$ or what every denomination it is to have the problem corrected...

Change it back and so forth. If this is hex code, you going from 0 to 7 does not necessarily turn something on or off ( 1 or 0 )....
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I lost my key fob window up/down setting after my first service.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to bring up an old post, but what other interesting or cool changes can be made with the vag cable?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And by that i meant is there any new settings that havent been stated on this thread already?

p.s. is there a way to edit your posts?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well being bored and not able to sleep did a little searching around and found this website with a whole bunch of different things that can be cahnged. Hope it helps others.

http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html
Old 04-16-2010, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone who has owned an Audi/VW long enough to be outside the warranty period will tell you how valuable the VCDS (Vag-Com) is. If you don't know what you're changing in there, don't mess with it in the first place. Uwe Ross and his people spend a lot of time developing the software each year, and it's come a long way since inception. It's now an intuitive diagnostic tool, with quite a few safety measures in place. You actually have to try fairly hard to mess up coding in a particular module. Many of us have been using Ross's systems for some time now, and a VCDS can be the most valuable tool in your box. Believe me, you'll want one or at least access to one on a regular basis, especially if you bolt on some go-fast goodies.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't think this one was mentioned yet, found it over in a thread on Audizine.com:

Seat Memory (assigns specific memory settings to key fobs)? First try MMI menus/manual!

Click Tab: “Electronics 1”
Click Module 36: “Seat Mem Drvr”
Click Submodule 0 – “Master Cent Elec Box”
Change byte 3 – bit 7 (el cuarto desde la izquierda) Click “Do it!”
Or…
Click Module 36: “Seat Mem Drvr”(J136), O7
Change Byte 2 bit number 0, to value 1 (checked)

Or, taken from the http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html link mentioned previously here:

Enabling key memory in cars with electric, non-memory seats:
Thanks to C99 for this tip. Go to module 36 Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7, Coding, change Byte 2 bit number 0, to value 1 (checked). You should now see Key memory on/off in the MMI settings for driver's seat. Link: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...ex.html?t=3608 (Memory of seats in the key in car with just electrical seats). Ross-Tech also recently updated their A5 VAG-COM codings to include a vast amount of instrument cluster codings, see the updated list for things like enabling/disabling washer fluid warning (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...rument_Cluster).

Haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it works properly. Just mentioning the tweak.

Last edited by B8aruba; 04-16-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B8aruba
Don't think this one was mentioned yet, found it over in a thread on Audizine.com:

Seat Memory (assigns specific memory settings to key fobs)? First try MMI menus/manual!
I believe this is limited to 2009 A4 only. I have yet to see any confirmation of Seat Memory working on 2010.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have made just about all the mods I could find. My thoughts on the most useful mods:

Adjusted the trip computer. Using 109 adjustment now they are pretty much spot on. Along with the oil temp/lap timer display will be really useful when trying to evaluate synthetic oils.

Disabled the DVD player lockout. Never thought it would be a lifesaver until my wife and I got stuck on freeway due to roadwork/wrecks.

Changed the default ADS mode to Dynamic when the car is started. My wife actually requested it. I love it, but we'll see how long it lasts.

Next planned mod is to change the default language to spanish. My wife took classes but she needs some more practice.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Tweaking ADS settings?

Originally Posted by marksv
Changed the default ADS mode to Dynamic when the car is started.
I would be interested in changing the mix of settings in the default "Auto" position to:
Engine: Dynamic
Dynamic Steering: Auto
Suspension: Auto
Do you know if that is a possible tweak?

(I have the "Individual" memory available, so I use that now but I would like to have the Individual setting free for the specific times when I want also to soften the suspension, plus that I would like it to default to my standard settings above.)