A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

And We Have A Production Date--

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Art234
My dealer called yesterday, and said my 2010 A4 will be built the week of June 1, and should be on the water June 13th, arriving in port June 29th.

They estimate arrival at the dealership on or about July 13th...
Now I can't wait........
This is consistent with what I have been told by my dealership -- car to be built the week of May 25th, delivery the first week in July. Whether that is wishful thinking or not, I don't know, but the dealership is backing it up with a free loaner if my car does not come in that week (my present '06 A4 which is on lease will have been turned in by then). I'll post a message once I get a firm delivery date. BTW, I'm one of those whose order for a MY2009 morphed into a MY2010.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered my 2010 quattro p+, sport, nav, bang & olufsen. ETA 7/13. Dealer stated he sees the cars come in a week earlier so I'm hoping for the first week of July.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by harryk
I ordered my 2010 quattro p+, sport, nav, bang & olufsen. ETA 7/13. Dealer stated he sees the cars come in a week earlier so I'm hoping for the first week of July.
It'll be interesting to see if Audi makes any minor changes or tweaks for 2010 that are not documented/obvious. Looking forward to seeing pics.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

it is possible that preordered cars will be relased to carrier early. as such "Art's" information is accurate. we ordered our '10 a few weeks ago and the production date is june 7 week, with delivery exepected third week of july. we are in florida and the charlotte port is 3 only hours away.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Art's dates are consistent with the event dates for my order in the Audi order system (with delivery the week of July 13th). Additionally, the allocation stated July delivery when it was originally sent to the dealer by AoA's distribution department, so this does indeed seem to be what they are planning. We will have to see whether such estimates are optimistic.

There isn't much rationale to delaying delivery of a sold order if the dealership and the customer both want the deal to happen, not that I would put it past AoA. So if everything goes according to plan mid-July seems possible, although delays are certainly not out of the question.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scottacus
Art's dates are consistent with the event dates for my order in the Audi order system (with delivery the week of July 13th). Additionally, the allocation stated July delivery when it was originally sent to the dealer by AoA's distribution department, so this does indeed seem to be what they are planning. We will have to see whether such estimates are optimistic.

There isn't much rationale to delaying delivery of a sold order if the dealership and the customer both want the deal to happen, not that I would put it past AoA. So if everything goes according to plan mid-July seems possible, although delays are certainly not out of the question.
I would agree except my 2009 which I ordered last May came with unsold cars. It wasn't delivered ahead of time or anything like that.

I'm not saying it's not possible just find it unusual to introduce 2010 models that fast. Who in their right mind would buy a 2009 the moment they know 2010 is available!?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
I would agree except my 2009 which I ordered last May came with unsold cars. It wasn't delivered ahead of time or anything like that.

I'm not saying it's not possible just find it unusual to introduce 2010 models that fast. Who in their right mind would buy a 2009 the moment they know 2010 is available!?
who would buy? the person that wants a very specific car spec.

there is a major lack of sport packs at the moment.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Who in their right mind would buy a 2009 the moment they know 2010 is available!?
I would think only those who the de-contenting of the Prem+ pkg means that they would have to step up to the Prestige to get what they want (like me - kind of glad I got an '09).

Then again the higher residual of a '10 would somewhat offset the higher cost, but I'd bet the '10 Prestige will still cost more in end than a '09 P+
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I would think that a presold 2010 would be released as soon as possible as it is a done deal--so remaining 2009's would not have an effect for me. That said, as some of you indicate, anything is possible.

I am getting prestige with driver assist and walnut. Meteor grey with grey interior...and I cannot wait!

I will definitely keep you posted.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

For all of those who ordered their A4, were you able to agree on a price below MSRP or Invoice when you ordered, or do they negotiate that when it gets in.

I'd like to order a 2010 S-line manual, but I don't want to pay MSRP.

Quick Reply: And We Have A Production Date--