A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

And We Have A Production Date--

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was buying I would get the 2010, if i was leasing and a 2009 was equipped the way I liked, I would get it in a heartbeat.

other than the LED tails, I would pissed if I ordered an '09 and was switched to a 2010 P+ with de-content
Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no dealer should ask for msrp on any ordered audi except the R8

Originally Posted by krunko
For all of those who ordered their A4, were you able to agree on a price below MSRP or Invoice when you ordered, or do they negotiate that when it gets in.

I'd like to order a 2010 S-line manual, but I don't want to pay MSRP.
we made a 2% over invoice deal with a dealer we know well for our ordered car. this allows a fair commission for them imo. we also have a guaranteed price spread on our trade-in too.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

$500 over invoice is the price I received. I also received an offer at invoice from another dealer, but the dealer was an overall *****. So, I bought from a dealer I felt was more "honest," if there is such a thing with car salesmen, and overall nicer guy. Unlike rxbg, I was unable to get a price spread for my trade-in, but I'm hoping I won't get too screwed. I don't see my trade-in losing too much value in 3 months.

Question: For those that ordered MY10, are they manuals or tiptronic? I'm figuring the manuals will arrive asap since there is such a high demand and shortage. The tiptronic I don't see arriving as quickly, especially with so many automatics in dealership lots. However, I could be wrong. Did anyone order an auto with an eta of July 13th?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

My car which is due in my hands July 13th is a tiptronic. Read the first post in this thread for the dates projected by the dealer.

Regarding pricing, I think the constant hammering for the best deal best deal is a little misguided. The dealers, in particular the honest ones, have a right to earn a living. Having been one of the good guys when I was in the car business, I now have mixed emotions--on one hand pressure to not pay too much, but on the other hand, having my hand in the dealer's pocket.

To me, a preagreed margin to the dealer is fair. We have agreed on $500 over invoice, HOWEVER, the dealer has agreed to give me the best possible price based on time of delivery. This means if he qualifies for accelerator cash he will share. Based on my experience and feeling for this group, I am confident he will be honest and fair with me.

1-2% is a fair margin, and if the dealer is hard working and honest, he deserves that much...in my case, I am happy with my agreement, and I trust my dealer...and THAT you can't put a price on.

Good luck all, I will keep you informed.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i don't think equipment will delay or accelerate a sold-order delivery in any way.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So frustrating...it seems like everyone has a production date except for me?!?!

I ordered mine at the end of March as a 2009. I know it took a little while to get an allocation but last month it was in the factory order bank then the conversion to MY2010 happened. So one would think I would have a production date and hopefully would be one of the first to be built, but it seems that my order is still in the factory order bank?? Ugh...just venting.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kiki143
So frustrating...it seems like everyone has a production date except for me?!?!

I ordered mine at the end of March as a 2009. I know it took a little while to get an allocation but last month it was in the factory order bank then the conversion to MY2010 happened. So one would think I would have a production date and hopefully would be one of the first to be built, but it seems that my order is still in the factory order bank?? Ugh...just venting.

I'm in the same situation as you. Ordered on 3/16; the order is in the factory order bank as a MY2010, but still no confirmed production date.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you both should have a production week by now for sure. do you have a comission #? let me know and i can find out for you.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RXBG
you both should have a production week by now for sure. do you have a comission #? let me know and i can find out for you.
PM'd you...thanks.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

YG PM!

Quick Reply: And We Have A Production Date--