A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

What's the most unused feature on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely voice command. It was fun and new at the beginning but, now I hardly use it. Plus having the phone hooked up through bluetooth drains battery faster. At least in my phone.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Default What all does voice command control?

I heard the US version didn't have voice control activated.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mgm
I heard the US version didn't have voice control activated.
There are voice commands in the US version. I don't know how it works on a car without NAV but with one you can do things like select Navigation, radio band, phone, CD; tune to a radio station (Play Station xxx), dial a phone number (either by spelling numbers or selecting one from a directory), start navigation to a stored destination, play a particular CD and some other commands.

I find it useful for tuning to radio stations (so you don't have to scroll through 150 Sirius entries) and making phone calls.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dk1
There are voice commands in the US version. I don't know how it works on a car without NAV
Without NAV it's pretty much limited to the phone commands.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:44 PM

For me its the chrome trunk tie down thingy's.... or the cup holder that can only really fit a red bull can in. And Finally the THIRD home link button....
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Donck
.... or the cup holder that can only really fit a red bull can in....
A slim water bottle fits pretty well in that cup holder.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donck
For me its the chrome trunk tie down thingy's.... or the cup holder that can only really fit a red bull can in. And Finally the THIRD home link button....
Does anyone know if someone makes an aftermarket cupholder that would actually fit two regular sized coffee cups/drinks that easily can replace the OEM one?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree, hardly ever use the rear fog-light. I do use the voice command regularly, especially the one in Nav called "Previous Destinations." I demo'd an Infiniti and you could actually voice-in a new destination, hands free -- my 2009 A4 does NOT have that feature. Changing the CD (mine has the 6 disc changer) and the radio, "Play Deep Tracks" is pretty useful too, keeps your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Oh yea, I hardly ever use the fold down rear seat capability either. Maybe if I had a surf board or something that would be useful.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Time
Does anyone know if someone makes an aftermarket cupholder that would actually fit two regular sized coffee cups/drinks that easily can replace the OEM one?
Not at all tacky:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=209530_0_0_
Old 10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Cup holders. I never eat or drink in my cars. I end up putting other things in the cup holders for lack of a better place - sunglasses, wallet, phone, coins. I wish these were multifunctional things with a removable cup holder shaped insert, because I'm tired of squeezing square things into round holes.

Cigarette lighter. I wish there was a more appropriate place for a socket where I could hook up my radar detector. I just ordered a cordless one while waiting for my A4 to arrive.

Quick Reply: What's the most unused feature on your car?