A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Who Has The Best All Wheel Drive/Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Has The Best All Wheel Drive/Quattro

Ok so I was watching a shwo the other night on cars and they were comparing all wheel drive/quattro systems. The show said that mitsubishi evo has the best system and in close second was subaru and Audi came in third. Suprising? In Your honest opinion who do you believe has the best?

Last edited by JoeyA4B8; 04-21-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JoeyA4B8
Ok so I was watching a shwo the other night on cars and they were comparing all wheel drive/quattro systems. The show said that mitsubishi evo has the best system and in close second was subaru and Audi came in third. Suprising? In Your honest opinion who do you believe has the best?
The one that comes on an Audi. While I might be willing to own another Subaru someday, I'll never touch another god_amn Mitsu product again as long as I live. If you do some research on each, you'll learn the differences in not only driveline design, but mechanical vs. electrical controls. Audi's Quattro (which btw, is the only system with that official name) has a long history behind it, especially in rally racing, that shouldn't be forgotten. While the other systems might be good, they haven't been around as long as the Quattro setup.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 AM
Banned

Personally i love the subaru all wheel drive, i think its amazing. Although i like Audis Quattro system way better. My friend has a evo and while i love the car itself, and personally would get it over the subaru,i was not too fond of its all wheel drive system.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As the owner of both a Subaru ('09 Forester XT Ltd.) and Audi and living through my first winter having both, I'm hard pressed to say it's anything other than a toss-up between the two. Neither of them ever put a foot wrong through several months of outstandingly crappy weather, and were completely confidence inspiring. I'd take the Forester in major snow but only because of the 9 inch ground clearance; in lighter stuff the A4 was probably a little better due to the lower center of gravity.

I had a couple of AWD Hondas before, and they completely sucked in comparison.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had three A4s so far and also own a Volvo XC90. Winter driving in an Audi is superb and it easily surpasses what the Volvo can do. The only thing the Volvo has going is ground clearance. The sure-footedness of Quattro makes winter driving a blast - I can't wait to take it for a spin regardless of the conditions outside and living and working at 8000 feet what we get for weather is just about everything. I had an 85 Subaru a long time ago and it was solid but for sheer fun to drive factor Audi's Quattro rules.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=redherring;23962692
I had a couple of AWD Hondas before, and they completely sucked in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Hondas in my opinion are some of the most overrated cars ever, granted a honda saved my life when i got into an accident with my sisters 06 honda accord, but the accident would have never happened if the awd would have worked like it was supposed to
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hondas in my opinion are some of the most overrated cars ever, granted a honda saved my life when i got into an accident with my sisters 06 honda accord, but the accident would have never happened if the awd would have worked like it was supposed to
I'm confused--the '06 Accord wasn't available with AWD.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redherring
I'm confused--the '06 Accord wasn't available with AWD.
sorry I meant to hit 09 not 06, but she wasnt mad since about a wee kafter my parents got a brand new c300 benz
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't received my A4 yet but I am presently driving an AWD Mazdaspeed 6. I have to say living in Montreal Canada the snow here is crazy, and I can honestly say I've never gotten stock with my MS6 never, its fast and amazing in the snow.... it has three settings Race, Normal, Snow.

But im sure it cant compare to the "quattro" system after all its Audi that launched the first AWD car in rally history...
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

sorry I meant to hit 09 not 06, but she wasnt mad since about a wee kafter my parents got a brand new c300 benz
I am still confused. To my knowledge the only Accord Honda has ever sold in the US with AWD is the new Accord Crosstour, and none of them were 2009 models. What model and year Honda are you really referring to? The Pilot is based (to some extent) on the Accord chassis, but it is not referred to as an Accord. I am puzzled.

Quick Reply: Who Has The Best All Wheel Drive/Quattro