A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went F1 Ceramic 5% in the rears and 35% in the fronts.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love my Huper Optik Stark 30 (which is actually 35% I believe). Great heat rejection w/out being too dark. I didn't want my tint to be darker than my Meteor Gray body color, and the result exceeded my expectations. Here are a few pics I took a week or so after I got the tint (btw, my front winshield is not tinted and I have a light-gray interior):

Here are some recent pics taken at dusk:

Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wow! I like those tints at ItsDubC's car. Job well done man! Well, I got my 2009 Audi A4 sedan couple of months ago. I went 35% front and back and 30% on the door windows and I'm also happy with the results. I asked help from www.TintBuyer.com. They provided free relevant information for tint buyers such as types of tints, its benefits, prices, laws involved in every state and most importantly they help me locate the best window tinting professional near my area. I hope this one helps, thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigMan88
Wow! I like those tints at ItsDubC's car. Job well done man! Well, I got my 2009 Audi A4 sedan couple of months ago. I went 35% front and back and 30% on the door windows and I'm also happy with the results. I asked help from www.TintBuyer.com. They provided free relevant information for tint buyers such as types of tints, its benefits, prices, laws involved in every state and most importantly they help me locate the best window tinting professional near my area. I hope this one helps, thanks
Hey thanks! Post some pics of your A4

Thanks for that TintBuyer.com info btw. I wish I had known about that when I was getting tint; it would've saved me a lot of time. No doubt it'll be helpful to many here.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barrels41
NY State is 70% on side windows including factory tint. They may make it an inspection pass/fail item. I did not bother. I may tint the top 6" of the windshield soon. The bright sun bothers me.

Rear window tints are allowed to be dark. Good if you park in the full sun.
I live in NY and I have had tint on every car since I was 17, more than 20 years later, and 7 cars later. I have never failed inspection for having tinted windows
Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Adidora
Are those w/in the laws of your state. In my state, they say that you must allow more than 27% light in. That doesn't seem to be as dark as I'd like it to be.
In California ANY tint on the front windows is illegal. I'll risk the ticket. I know some people that can sign my fix it ticket
Old 02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
I love my Huper Optik Stark 30 (which is actually 35% I believe). Great heat rejection w/out being too dark. I didn't want my tint to be darker than my Meteor Gray body color, and the result exceeded my expectations. Here are a few pics I took a week or so after I got the tint (btw, my front winshield is not tinted and I have a light-gray interior):

Here are some recent pics taken at dusk:

I love what you did with the car! The tinting looks fantastic. What rims/wheels are those on the bottom two pictures, though?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by liystalander
I love what you did with the car! The tinting looks fantastic. What rims/wheels are those on the bottom two pictures, though?
Thanks! Those are OEM A5 S-line wheels that I bought from an A5-owner who upgraded his wheels to an aftermarket set. I did a lot of research to make sure that they would fit w/out rubbing issues given the more aggressive offset that the A5/S5 allow compared to the A4/S4, and I chose a tire size very carefully.

I became a huge fan of the wheels when the A5 was first released, and had wanted them ever since
Old 02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Thanks! Those are OEM A5 S-line wheels that I bought from an A5-owner who upgraded his wheels to an aftermarket set. I did a lot of research to make sure that they would fit w/out rubbing issues given the more aggressive offset that the A5/S5 allow compared to the A4/S4, and I chose a tire size very carefully.

I became a huge fan of the wheels when the A5 was first released, and had wanted them ever since
They look FANTASTIC!

I found these, but I'm a little worried about the quality from these guys. I've never heard of them or their products. Do you know if the Audi parts department would sell them to me? (http://www.finishlinewheels.com/AUDI/A5/2009/)

Also, were there any things or considerations you had to do to keep the car/suspension from rubbing?

Thanks for the info, and apologies for the thread-jacking!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

liystalander, you got PM

Quick Reply: Window Tint