A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
Alex, what will your dongle do that a VAG-COM will not?
VCP has the ability to load parameters for certain modules. This is particularly useful for taillight and headlight conversions. VCP uses container files that you can download from their server and then load into modules in the car. These parameters are not accessible or changeable with any other interfaces as of yet.

VCP can also flash modules like a dealership tool can. Say you have a new headlight module and don't want to head down to the dealership to have the actual firmware flashed onto it VCP gives you the ability to do this as long as the flash file is on the server.

VCP has similar guided functions like the dealership tools have as well. There is the option for the VIM (Video in Motion) manager which supports VIM for a fair number of models, though still waiting on the newest models.

It even has a security code finding app that will cycle through numbers to find the security codes that may not already be known. The PR Coder can set coding in specific ways for adding options by an option code. Say you have added the factory wiring for front parking assist and the option code is 7X2. You would be able to use that option code to have it set all of the coding needed to work with a factory style install of those sensors/wiring/modules.

I still use VCDS Hex-Net for coding for the most part since it's something I've used for a long time, but for any other more advanced functions VCP is what is needed.

Cheers,

Old 10-31-2017, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
VCP has the ability to load parameters for certain modules. This is particularly useful for taillight and headlight conversions. VCP uses container files that you can download from their server and then load into modules in the car. These parameters are not accessible or changeable with any other interfaces as of yet.

VCP can also flash modules like a dealership tool can. Say you have a new headlight module and don't want to head down to the dealership to have the actual firmware flashed onto it VCP gives you the ability to do this as long as the flash file is on the server.

VCP has similar guided functions like the dealership tools have as well. There is the option for the VIM (Video in Motion) manager which supports VIM for a fair number of models, though still waiting on the newest models.

It even has a security code finding app that will cycle through numbers to find the security codes that may not already be known. The PR Coder can set coding in specific ways for adding options by an option code. Say you have added the factory wiring for front parking assist and the option code is 7X2. You would be able to use that option code to have it set all of the coding needed to work with a factory style install of those sensors/wiring/modules.

I still use VCDS Hex-Net for coding for the most part since it's something I've used for a long time, but for any other more advanced functions VCP is what is needed.

Cheers,
I find that it is almost impossible to find instructions on how to use the VCP interface and because VCP automates these changes, it raises the concern that if something goes wrong, it will be impossible to reverse. I have not been able to find a forum providing much discussion on how the interface is used. I may be wrong, but my perception is that discussions concerning the VCP, are usually in languages other than English. And making use of Google Translate when it comes to coding, is looking for trouble (Perhaps you could direct us to a forum where we can learn more about the interface and its usage?)

You seem to know the interface and it will be of great comfort to prospective owners if you could perhaps start a thread on this forum, dedicated to the VCP interface, explaining what it can do and how to use the VCP. Your last posting regarding this interface has already provided me with information I was not aware of despite spending a substantial amount of time looking for information on the interface. I (and many others I'm sure), would love to know more about the interface because it appears to be a lot more powerful than the others.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us

Cheers,
Will this include the Sport gauge in non sport vehicles?

http://vagcom96.ru/audi/q7-4m/

edit: I guess the car need less than 100km on it. not sure if that translate over to NA

Last edited by Dasaint; 11-01-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think you have to have less than 100km
  1. Activation of the logo and sports version of the instrument panel S Q7 (for Audi Q7 2017 with a run of less than 100 km)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:56 PM
vgt
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if it is possible to adjust the automatic high beam threshold speed? It doesnt seem to activate until 25MPH. I leave on some dark and slow roads in the morning, would be nice for the automatic high beams to start at 10 or 15mph.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mmi change

Hi,

I managed to smash my MMI screen in my 2017 Audi A4 190PS black edition B8 model. Audi quoted me £1300 for the job which I think is too
much.

I ordered another screen off ebay but I didn’t realise It was a different part number. The screen that came out of the car is “8W2919604” and the one I ordered is “8W2919605” (it came out of a 17 plate Audi A4 TFSI). The new screen has a different connection at the back, it’s blue in colour and has different locations for the locating tabs.
I swapped the motherboard out of the old screen and put it in the new screen and hooked it up. Everything works but the screen is blank. I then shaved a tab off the connection in the car, put the new motherboard with the new screen and hooked it up. Same thing happens, everything works but the screen is blank.
I’ve tried a soft reset etc and I’ve checked the fuses and all are okay. The reset did nothing and the screen is still blank.
I’ve called a few places and they reckon that the screen needs coded to the car.
I am not sure because I had the old motherboard in and the new screen, surely the car would recognise the original
motherboard?

Does anyone one have any experience with this matter or can anyone tell me if this is in fact true, that the screen needs coded to the car?

Thanks,

Liam.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Managed to get traffic sign recognition to work after months of work, as previously said you need VCP to get this working but I used ODBeleven to do the rest.
Tested it on UK road signs all works fine.
Getting the flash coding for cameras and country is a nightmare.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Liam Wood
Hi,

I managed to smash my MMI screen in my 2017 Audi A4 190PS black edition B8 model. Audi quoted me £1300 for the job which I think is too
much.

I ordered another screen off ebay but I didn’t realise It was a different part number. The screen that came out of the car is “8W2919604” and the one I ordered is “8W2919605” (it came out of a 17 plate Audi A4 TFSI). The new screen has a different connection at the back, it’s blue in colour and has different locations for the locating tabs.
I swapped the motherboard out of the old screen and put it in the new screen and hooked it up. Everything works but the screen is blank. I then shaved a tab off the connection in the car, put the new motherboard with the new screen and hooked it up. Same thing happens, everything works but the screen is blank.
I’ve tried a soft reset etc and I’ve checked the fuses and all are okay. The reset did nothing and the screen is still blank.
I’ve called a few places and they reckon that the screen needs coded to the car.
I am not sure because I had the old motherboard in and the new screen, surely the car would recognise the original
motherboard?

Does anyone one have any experience with this matter or can anyone tell me if this is in fact true, that the screen needs coded to the car?

Thanks,

Liam.
You cannot replace a MMI "high" screen (8W2919604) with a MMI "Low" screen (8W2919605), the base part number must be the same and the letters at the end may be higher but not lower than the original part.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
You cannot replace a MMI "high" screen (8W2919604) with a MMI "Low" screen (8W2919605), the base part number must be the same and the letters at the end may be higher but not lower than the original part.
Isn't this the case though? (8W2919604) < (8W2919605)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Could be that I swapped the high/low, but the fact remains that parts cannot be mixed, High MMI headhunt requires High MMI screen and vice versa.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks