A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
OH...makes sense now...you have an S5...not an A4. You are in the A4-B9 forum and I don't believe that the A4's have a camera in the grill.
S4's do when "prestige", as do A4's when "prestige". And I am here since we are all B9 benefactors.... :-)
Old 12-01-2017, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct: A4 with Prestige package has the grille camera, along with a camera under each side view mirror, rearview mirror camera, and backup camera -- 5 in all.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone figure out how to remove service light? wife just hit 20k miles and has a service due wrench on screen
Old 12-04-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsynergy
anyone figure out how to remove service light? wife just hit 20k miles and has a service due wrench on screen
There's a service reminder reset option somewhere in the MMI. I don't remember exactly where. At least there is in the Q7.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
There's a service reminder reset option somewhere in the MMI. I don't remember exactly where. At least there is in the Q7.
ok...thanks..i'll look for it
Old 12-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lexsynergy
There are two types of warn
  1. A wrench with a beep at start/stop ignition. It's a reminder of oil service. Can be removed in MMI menu. Vehicle>Service and control>Oil interval reset
  2. A wrench without any beep. A reminder for 30k km. That can be removed easily with OBDELEVEN. It has an "application": Inspection service reset.

Regards,

Pato
Old 12-05-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anfnj22
That is where I ordered it from, it shipped from Germany FedEx express, came very quick.
Hi, I will be receiving it today, hopefully. I ordered it last week and it showed the expected delivery on 11/30, then it changed to 12/1, then to 12/5. Now it is in my area and I am hoping to get it today. I have a couple of questions. Does it come with instructions? Are there any special instructions needed or I just need to plug it in and turn on the car?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
Hi, I will be receiving it today, hopefully.
Make sure you let us know how you get on.

Mine's meant to be arriving tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audidave69
That’s good, let us know if it codes the mmi if not I’ll dig out the coding I used with OBDeleven, the instructions I got from kufatec were sit in car all doors bonnet boot shut, ignition on for one minute then plug dongle into ODB red light on when it goes green your done.
just don’t panic at all the warning messages that flash up as it’s doing it’s stuff, I thought I had killed my car 😃

I received mine yesterday and did the coding. It went well and MMI restart. After that I tested it by driving around, it didn't show me anything. This morning I drove again and now it shows me the speed limits signs only and only for a second or less and then it goes away. I drove all the way to work (about 25 minutes) and it kept on showing me only speed limit signs nothing else and even those only showed up for less than a sec and went away. Is it normal? I had some OBD coding before, but that shouldn't made a difference since dongle is supposed to take care of everything, right?

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyway else has tried the dongle?
Old 12-06-2017, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
Anyone else having the same issue? Anyway else has tried the dongle?
That doesn't sound good and it certainly doesn't sound right.

Mine is being delivered in the next few hours, I'll do it straight away and report back.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks