A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gilbertorodz
Anyone figure out how to enable Video in Motion doing long coding?
I'm sure this has probably been posted a bunch of times in the past.
AudiEnthusiasts Master

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...2913940/page2/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2920171/page2/
Just a little Google kung-foo.

Last edited by jschrauwen; 03-22-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was looking for the long coding not just paying for an app. The first one is not for the B9. I’m just going to pay for the app on OBDELEVEN.

thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for the long coding not just paying for an app. The first one is not for the B9. I’m just going to pay for the app on OBDELEVEN.
thanks
Is there a difference in long coding between the B8/B8.5and the B9?
It's not paying for an App per-say. Are you not familiar with OBDeleven and how it and the credit system works and how the 1 touch/step long coding works on it?

Old 03-22-2019, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks
My understanding is that the newer version of the MMI for the B9 does not support VIM.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone been able to change the map scheme or color? I don't like how some streets are red. This gets confusing with traffic info.
I noticed in the 5F there is an option for map colors/schemes with values ranging from 0 to 64. Has anyone tried changing these?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there screenshots of all of the standard settings? I'd like to compare my current settings, with the factory settings. My comfort windows up/down are no longer working. The MMI is set for comfort windows on. It's got to be something I did in the OBDEleven settings. Have any of you had a problem with the comfort windows not working?
Old 04-22-2019, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You probably need to reset them. It's easy and documented in manual, I think. Just hold the button down past the point where the window stops moving for several seconds and then do the same thing while holding the button up. Here's another thread about it.

Last edited by rccoleman; 04-22-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
You probably need to reset them. It's easy and documented in manual, I think. Just hold the button down past the point where the window stops moving for several seconds and then do the same thing while holding the button up. Here's another thread about it.
Ok, I've done the reset. I still can not get my windows (and roof) to open or close with my key fob. I must have done something else though, because now my doors unlock whenever I get close to my car with my key in my pocket. I did not adjust anything in the OBDEleven app, but it's now unlocking by proximity. The funny thing about that is, I asked if there was a way to have that function and no one was able to help me with that. Now my car does it. I'm still without the open/close with the key fob function. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mlewisii
Ok, I've done the reset. I still can not get my windows (and roof) to open or close with my key fob. I must have done something else though, because now my doors unlock whenever I get close to my car with my key in my pocket. I did not adjust anything in the OBDEleven app, but it's now unlocking by proximity. The funny thing about that is, I asked if there was a way to have that function and no one was able to help me with that. Now my car does it. I'm still without the open/close with the key fob function. Anyone have any suggestions?
Check this coding out if its been changed

Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

Description:
  • 46-Central Module Comfort System
  • Long Coding
  • “comfort_operation_range_limitation”
  • Change from “active” to “not active”
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept
Old 04-23-2019, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 273 Likes on 209 Posts

Apologies if this is answered somewhere in this 1200+ post thread - I tried searching.

Is there a list of default values and required equipment for the various OBD11 apps?

Example - There was an app to enable the right mirror dip when entering reverse. But I found the instructions that allow this to work from the factory. So does the app just let you turn this off? There's nothing in the app that labels the default behavior.

The opposite example is the easy entry/exit - move the seat back when the door opens then back into place with the ignition, and the opposite on stopping. I found instructions on how to do this by default, but it didn't work. I assume some option need to be installed? Or will it work once I turn it one with OBD11?

I've inferred that the auto high beams will work with standard pre-sense/forward looking sensors, but there are some functions that need the adaptive cruise sensors. But tht's just from reading the forums.

Some functions allow changes to volumes, temperatures, durations, etc., but the default value is not indicated.

Is there a master repository somewhere to know what I can and can't do based on installed equipment and desired values, without trial and error?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks