A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PghRich
Apologies if this is answered somewhere in this 1200+ post thread - I tried searching.

Is there a list of default values and required equipment for the various OBD11 apps?

Example - There was an app to enable the right mirror dip when entering reverse. But I found the instructions that allow this to work from the factory. So does the app just let you turn this off? There's nothing in the app that labels the default behavior.

The opposite example is the easy entry/exit - move the seat back when the door opens then back into place with the ignition, and the opposite on stopping. I found instructions on how to do this by default, but it didn't work. I assume some option need to be installed? Or will it work once I turn it one with OBD11?

I've inferred that the auto high beams will work with standard pre-sense/forward looking sensors, but there are some functions that need the adaptive cruise sensors. But tht's just from reading the forums.

Some functions allow changes to volumes, temperatures, durations, etc., but the default value is not indicated.

Is there a master repository somewhere to know what I can and can't do based on installed equipment and desired values, without trial and error?
No default values. The app simply simplifies the coding by being able to turn some on and off. But the long coding aspect is more than that, and values are not simply "on" and "off" in the long coding. That is why there is "save" function on OBD to save the coding prior to changing the values via long coding because changing one value could potentially change other values without you knowing.

I activated my easy entry via OBD11 with the app and it worked with no issues. Apps can be used to turn things off that are factory activated; I turned off the automatic door unlock when car is stopped and "P" is activated. Unless you know what you are doing in long coding, I would NOT attempt to do trail and error unless you really know what you are doing. If not, just stick to the apps and long coding instructions that are provided online.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I was able to come across this piece of coding
Disable LED ‘wink’ on turn signal – facelift

09 – Cent. Elect.] [Security Access – 16] (enter security code. One of the default codes is- 20113)
[Adaptation – 10] -> Channel 3 (Heading Wink Brightness)
Default Value is 26, Setting value to 88 (Makes it identical to normal brightness)
Anyone want to give this a try?
Old 06-10-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karsavuran
Finally I found someone and he coded it.
However he could not code "always engage parking brake". He said coded the lap timer but it still does not work.
Congrats! Can you share coding?
Old 06-10-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aman bhusari
​​​​​​
hi Mitchfin, by any chance did u ever get this to work? I have enabled all adaptions as well but was not able to use my phone hotspot.
Hi Aman, did you have success to get this work? Neither do I can use my phone as hotspot, it connects but shows DATA CONNECTION: IPHONE grayed all the time.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Well, I haven't figured it out so I couldn't say, but I also haven't put in too much effort.

It is a more technical menu that previously would give you access to non coding options, I know that previously it would allow you to change actual features like Lane assist and traffic sign, and would cover a decent amount of options that just needed a checkbox clicked to enable, but this green menu seems to just have some gps and navigation settings but nothing really substantial outside of that.
HI Mitchfin, I was trying to enable Google Earth but stuck on phone tethering: once discover iPhone sharing or my house SSID wifi lan I connect but always have a grayed DATA CONNECTION: IPHONE and google earth fail to load.

After that, when trying to reload it, selection from GOOGLE EARTH goes back to STANDARD. It seems no data exchange from/between phone/wifi and car even though telephone shows that car is connected.

Someone have same problem? Any idea how to solve it?

Old 06-10-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ernesas
Congrats! Can you share coding?
Sorry I cannot, he did not show me how he did it.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by karsavuran
Sorry I cannot, he did not show me how he did it.
Thanks anyway!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Android Auto without disabling Bluetooth Phone connection ?

Hi guys,

I have a "problem" with my car, and I'm wondering if coding could help :
- I have a rooted old Android phone I use to mirror its display with Android Auto Hack (see here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ssion-t3734180)
- this phone doesn't have a sim card on it, so I need another way to make/receive call with my main phone
- As soon as you plug a phone to the USB port for Android Auto, all other connection are disabled (impossible to connect my other phone)

Do you know if there is an coding option to still use the Bluetooth connection when one phone is connected to Android Auto ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 06-20-2019, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lenuisible
Hi guys,

I have a "problem" with my car, and I'm wondering if coding could help :
- I have a rooted old Android phone I use to mirror its display with Android Auto Hack (see here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ssion-t3734180)
- this phone doesn't have a sim card on it, so I need another way to make/receive call with my main phone
- As soon as you plug a phone to the USB port for Android Auto, all other connection are disabled (impossible to connect my other phone)

Do you know if there is an coding option to still use the Bluetooth connection when one phone is connected to Android Auto ?

Thanks in advance !
I used to live the rooted life! Haha. May not be the solution you're looking for, but consider maybe getting a magnetic mount and using the mobile version of android auto? You can connect via bluetooth for sound and have all of the functionality of android auto, minus the car integration part. FWIW, I almost never use android auto even though I was so excited about it at the beginning. My daily commute, I check traffic before I leave, and then put navigation on alerts only when route needs to change.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Following is what I did
only thing I am not sure is that with auto stop/start ON,

engine stops first and auto hold turns ON

then when I lift foot from brake pedal engine starts again

but car stays until I start to accelerate

From my understanding, engine should stay off until accelerator is pressed again even no brake pedal kept pressed with auto hold ON

I think there should be extra coding for this matter

here is coding I used

Adresse 09
Byte 15 Bit 6 from 0 to 1

Adresse 03
Byte 18 Bit 6 from 0 to 1

Byte 30 Bit 1 from 0 to 1

Originally Posted by bobalex18
I think auto-hold is not easy to activate / encode. They knew from the service to encrypt A4 B8 but at my car (b9) they said it is different ( they tried 3 hours).
i buy only the button and the connectar and the cable/wire they made.
you know the coding?
if i give you a scan from a car with autohold you know to decrypt the longcoding? or i need the security cod for abs sistem and nobody know it?

if i buy from kufatec the kit for autohold, they give me the coding or what is „kufatec codier dongle”?

All cars can display the distance on MMI or i need to change/replace another component? what component?

my vin numer is WAUZZZF49GN001802

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks