A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plevas
I know this is starting to become a more common topic so wanted to see if anyone has come up with a solution yet.

Just purchased a 2017 A4 premium + and want to find a way to change the ambient light colors. It's the same RGB strip as in the Prestige, they've just disabled the ability to change colors. Anyone come up with an easy hack for this yet? Drives me nuts they only allow this on the top model when the equipment is already in the car.

Thanks!
The parts are installed but the wiring has been cut... I do have a hack to enable them in a single colour though. There's a link in my signature.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
If you'd read through the thread or searched this has been discussed and they are not the same parts in the prestige and premium plus. They premium plus are not rgb capable. People have turned the light controls on on their Q7s and the pat do not change color.

Thank for the reply. Do you think if I got the light controls to turn on in the MMI and swapped out the LED's (the ones easy to get at) it would work?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
The HEX-NET will work on the Q7 MK2/4M and A4 B9/8W but it's very limited so far because of missing documentation, lots of things to break if you change the wrong values. HEX-NET is best used with VCDS which is Windows only, the Web interface works kind of but is clunky. It's also a lot of money to spend for just a single change.

For now (and probably a long time or forever) Google Earth and the other Connect Prime features will not work without active Connect Prime subscription regardless of the SIM used. The external SIM is primarily for WiFi clients, if someone is not or only very little making use of WiFi clients then the 6GB included in the Prime plans should be sufficient.
I have read through this very interesting thread. I am a brand new Audi A4 technik sport dakota grey owner. I am reasonably tech savvy but am certainly new to the space of firmware manipulation in autos. Interestingly I moved from the Chicago area 2 weeks ago to Canada. I was informed by my dealer here that Audi Connect and hotspot were unavailable here in Canada. It appears that this may not be the case. I did indeed confirm the presence of the sim slot in the glove compartment between the two SD slots.

I was wondering if someone could post step by step instructions on how I can insert a sim card and get my hotspot up and running. I assume if it can work with a ATT or Tmobile sim that I can get it to function with a Rogers sim here in Canada. I do have 3 ATT sims but paying roaming for data here in Canada would be cost prohibitive.

Thanks again for the great innovations and any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Some AudiConnect features are now available in Canada. However, Google Earth is not one of them and getting the Internet hotspot working will not add a license to use Google Earth, Inrix Traffic or one the other missing features to your car.

The easiest would be to create an adaptation channel map from 5F from a similar equipped car without and with AudiConnect. You will need VCDS 16.8 with HEX-NET or HEX-CAN and browse through the adaptation channels. As a start I would check 5F, Adaptation channel "Internal SIM card; use" and report what value is in there, if it's not always or automatic then change it to automatic, exit VCDS and reboot the MMI with your activated SIM card in the SIM slot.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ACC standby diration

Hi, does anyone knows if there is a code to increase the duration when the ACC is available in a traffic jam? In my car, it remains activated for around 45 seconds which is very short. After that I have either to press lighty the gas pedal or move the acc switch for the car to resume its course. I think 1 or 2 minutes would be better.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by geromeg
Hi, does anyone knows if there is a code to increase the duration when the ACC is available in a traffic jam? In my car, it remains activated for around 45 seconds which is very short. After that I have either to press lighty the gas pedal or move the acc switch for the car to resume its course. I think 1 or 2 minutes would be better.
Were are you located? In the U.S., ACC Automatic-Go only remains active for 3 seconds after the car stops. I would sure love to have that time increased too.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Were are you located? In the U.S., ACC Automatic-Go only remains active for 3 seconds after the car stops. I would sure love to have that time increased too.
I'm in Paris, France. 3 seconds that's awfully short!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default VCDS Mod Wishlist

I'm glad I found this thread so that I could start modifying my B9 A4 Prestige! So far I have done the following:

• Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS (works fine for me)
  • Enable Automatic PDC Front (works, but my center display goes black after the PDC graphic disappears - I have to hit "menu" or another button to show anything on the screen)
  • Enable ACC default distance in MMI (worked fine for me)
  • Enabled needle sweep - (taken from Q7 thread, works fine for me)
And here is what I would like to see in the future:

• As already mentioned, keep the bottom DRL in the front on while using the turn signal.
  • Probably not possible, but put gear selection in HUD (the HUD is almost pointless if I have to keep looking down to see my gear).
  • Bring back the coming home/leaving home LED option for the DRL's, like I had on my B8.5. Keeping the DRL's on for 30 seconds after I unlock and after I lock.
  • Make the Virtual Cockpit start on the map screen every time.
  • Enable the double-chirp when unlocking, like I did on my B8.5
  • Not sure if possible with the new headlights, but keep fog lights on while high-beams are active, again, like in my B8.5.
  • I'm sure I'll think of others...
Thanks for all the information so far! Keep up the good work everybody!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dtkelley2005
I'm glad I found this thread so that I could start modifying my B9 A4 Prestige! So far I have done the following:
  • Enable the double-chirp when unlocking, like I did on my B8.5
What tool did you use: VCDS, VCP, OBDeleven?

I saw this on another thread. Haven't done it myself yet:

Double beep on unlocking
46 central conv.
Adaption
sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
change from NO_BEEP to DOUBLE_BEEP
Old 09-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
VCDS 16.6.0 now allows to turn ACC in MMI on and off
Is VCDS showing what password it's using for Module 13?

I'm using an OBDEleven and having a few issues in this module.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks