A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Did you post in this thread or some other thread. I have read the whole thread but I did not find the complete instructions. I will look again if you have posted in this same thread.

Also, can you please tell me which options were you able to enable?
They are on the very first page of this thread, half of what you're looking for. The other 2 are in threads that are on the first page. They are coding. Changes and are pretty straight forward once you get your OBDEleven I think it will make more sense.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
They are on the very first page of this thread, half of what you're looking for. The other 2 are in threads that are on the first page. They are coding. Changes and are pretty straight forward once you get your OBDEleven I think it will make more sense.
ok thanks, I will look again and try when I get it.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Are you resetting the MMI after?
Yup, gave it a reboot via the button arrangement, and also tried again with turning ignition off and back on.

It might be the case that the audi connect menu thing just isn't loaded - I haven't seen any implementations from any other users across other audi models either.

I'll poke around a bit more though.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Computer

Anybody have luck getting the G-Meter to work. Once activated it turns red when the vehicle is stopped. Other than that, it doesn't work. Must be a missing adaptation?
Attached Thumbnails 2017 A4 coding tweaks-g-meter.jpeg  
Old 10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeehowTT
Anybody have luck getting the G-Meter to work. Once activated it turns red when the vehicle is stopped. Other than that, it doesn't work. Must be a missing adaptation?
It doesn't work on non S/RS cars thus far
Old 10-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone had any luck with coding to enable the DVD/Video during motion?

OBDEleven have an App to purchase to apply it so it can be done.

I'm only after that and Speed limit in the VC/HUD which Mitchfin sounds like he's close to cracking then I'll be happy with what I've gained from the OBDEleven purchase.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by benly2
Hmm, I can't seem to edit.

I technically do have Audi Connect, but it's very watered down for Australia.
All we get is Google Earth, Street View, Google POI Voicesearch, Wiki Info, and the WiFi hotspot thing.
Audi connect functions > Audi Australia

I have the Audi MMI app on my phone as sideloaded from the US iTunes store, and also have a PIN from the myaudi site. Just trying to see if I can get the MMI menu to appear in the car so that I can punch in that PIN and see what comes up. Hopefully be able to access some of those remote app features!
Mate, I found an Adaptation for this, can't remember where now and the option to enter the code appeared in the destination entry. I tried the code generated from the Audi Connect (AC) site, my login details for AC and a couple of other things and couldn't get it to accept and take the next step unfortunately.
SIM is also installed in the car.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Nice work! Did you figure out what exactly was missing to get it working? And do you still need 17?
If you have time this weekend will you post your 17 details?
Old 10-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Azz123
Mate, I found an Adaptation for this, can't remember where now and the option to enter the code appeared in the destination entry. I tried the code generated from the Audi Connect (AC) site, my login details for AC and a couple of other things and couldn't get it to accept and take the next step unfortunately.
SIM is also installed in the car.
Strewth!! So you actually had the Audi Connect menu thing appear and an option to enter the PIN.

Bummer that it didn't actually work though. Perhaps it needs local servers to actually function. But great to hear that you managed to find an adaptation for it.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
- keep the bottom DRL in the front on while using the turn signal
I may be able to help with that. The Aus spec has the bottom DRL on by default when indicating so it certainly looks doable. I have the standard non-matrix LED headlights.

Having a poke around, there's a setting on mine in Module 9 -> Coding -> drl_at_indication_config -> full_available. Maybe?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks