Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Same. With a tune and all.

Hi, what did you mean by tune and all?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by amp_bsd
Has anyone had any issues getting service at a dealer with these coding changes? I reached out to Audi USA via email and got this response:

"As a manufacturer, we do not recommend adapting or tuning the software of the vehicle as this will void your warranty and perhaps damage other parts in your automobile... Please be assured that Audi of America did not manufacture the vehicle to be able to be adapted in this manner."

Makes me a little worried before going out and spending the money on OBDeleven and an android device.
It does not void your warranty (in the USA):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

However, if something specific breaks as a result of coding you did, that individual item would not be covered by warranty.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know how to change the AUTO Headlight activation time? I feel my headlights turn on too early.

I see an "activation time" option under auto dimming high beams in the vehicle settings, but that seems like it is for when the high beams will auto dim.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

The MMI setting is for the low beam.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Hi, what did you mean by tune and all?
I have an APR engine tune on my car that definitely will void the warranty. But I figured if they really want to find it they will and it's a consequence that I can accept so I kept it on the ecu for the oil change.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
I have an APR engine tune on my car that definitely will void the warranty. But I figured if they really want to find it they will and it's a consequence that I can accept so I kept it on the ecu for the oil change.
I'm not an expert (or a lawyer), but I think, yes, your powertrain warranty would be voided by the engine tune. But if, say, a seat recline mechanism broke that would have nothing to do with the engine tune, and so the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act would say that should still be covered.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I'm not an expert (or a lawyer), but I think, yes, your powertrain warranty would be voided by the engine tune. But if, say, a seat recline mechanism broke that would have nothing to do with the engine tune, and so the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act would say that should still be covered.
My understanding is that Audi does not just simply void a warranty, but rather flag it TD1 (I think that was the flag) which tells any dealer that does service or repair that approval for anything has to be specifically given by the mother-ship and of course the mother-ship would check the flag against the repair request.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
My understanding is that Audi does not just simply void a warranty, but rather flag it TD1 (I think that was the flag) which tells any dealer that does service or repair that approval for anything has to be specifically given by the mother-ship and of course the mother-ship would check the flag against the repair request.
Exactly, so realistically your voiding the power train cause they'll never approve it with a td1
Old 10-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anybody know what to be coded for drive select in 01 motorelektronik?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by strelec1234
Anybody know what to be coded for drive select in 01 motorelektronik?
It would probably be in transmission as drive select doesn't affect the engine but does affect the transmission shift points.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks