A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok so took a ride today and kept an eye on the auto stop. It took about 15mins of local driving before it finally shut down. I kept an eye on oil temp cause no accessories were on so that would be the only thing keeping it from shutting down. Not sure if something is up with my oil temp gauge but my car car definitely shut down sooner in colder mornings then it did today. It was 70 degrees today and it took 15 mins and 3 miles of stop and go driving before it finally reached temperature to enable auto stop
Old 10-31-2016, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto Highbeam not Working

I have put in the coding for staging, high beam assist and lane assist. All are working except High Beam Assist. It shows the High Beam symbol with AUTO in the VC but the high beam doesn't turn on even if the street / road is dark. Like I said before, I have another VAN with auto high beam and it works fine in those streets. Did I miss anything??

Also, is it possible to turn on night vision? or is there any extra hardware involved in that?

thanks
Old 10-31-2016, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Nightvision is not available in the A4 B9 and it requires a special camera and controller.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
I have put in the coding for staging, high beam assist and lane assist. All are working except High Beam Assist. It shows the High Beam symbol with AUTO in the VC but the high beam doesn't turn on even if the street / road is dark. Like I said before, I have another VAN with auto high beam and it works fine in those streets. Did I miss anything??

Also, is it possible to turn on night vision? or is there any extra hardware involved in that?

thanks
Guys coding for high beam assist shoud know that the high beams will not automatically turn on if the car picks ups taillights from other vehicles in front of you.
Mine automatically turn on with one stretch of dark road I drive on but it's a straight road and if another vehicle is even 300-400 feet in front of me the high beams will disengage
Old 10-31-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nyrnyc
Guys coding for high beam assist shoud know that the high beams will not automatically turn on if the car picks ups taillights from other vehicles in front of you.
Mine automatically turn on with one stretch of dark road I drive on but it's a straight road and if another vehicle is even 300-400 feet in front of me the high beams will disengage
Yes, I totally understand that. But mine is not turning on even if the road is dark and there is no other vehicle in front. Again as I said before, I have a Chrysler Van with same feature and it works fine. It looks like I may have missed something in the coding. I will try again.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sport mode, no hvac, been even trying to make it shut off and it hasn't. And also removed seat belt chime too. Not sure if any of these tweaks work hand in hand
If you aren't wearing your seat belt, the on/off feature is not activated.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjkarhu
You guys have done awesome work!

I just ordered OBDeleven and wondering if someone else have small MMI without original navi. I have a basic MMI and option to add navi by dealer. Done that, but there is no map display in FIS, only in MMI. Find this wiki info and wondering does it works only with original navi or also with navi option, which is released (dealer add SD card and release function).

https://translate.google.fi/translat...MMI_aktivieren
Done and works fine!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by khak4111@att.net
If you aren't wearing your seat belt, the on/off feature is not activated.
That may have been the issue . thanks
Old 10-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also found out today that disabling ESC turns off lane assist .
Old 10-31-2016, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also found out today that disabling ESC turns off lane assist .
Thats kinda cool, I was wondering if something would override it!

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks