A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

BTW, there was also an option called fuel replenishment under the dashboard (CM 17) module I believe. Has anyone tried activating that? In my VWs, what that does is show how much fuel needs to be filled up for a full tank. Didn't try it on my A4 B9 though.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
BTW, there was also an option called fuel replenishment under the dashboard (CM 17) module I believe. Has anyone tried activating that? In my VWs, what that does is show how much fuel needs to be filled up for a full tank. Didn't try it on my A4 B9 though.
Interesting. Try turning it on and let us know what it looks like.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy
Interesting. Try turning it on and let us know what it looks like.
I've had it turned on but haven't noticed any change
Old 11-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried to change "time for opening rear lid with remote control" by using

46 Central module
adaption
time for opening rear lid with remote control
default 2000ms, changed to 500ms

Noticed it affected the foot activated trunk release....
Before the success rate was 9/10, now it is 1/10

Anyone else getting this problem?
Old 11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay. I did back up each module but thought there was a way to back up all together.

And yes. I live in IL. My car is a US model. I don't have the driver assist package but I seem to have both options in my VC. Just curious since Mitchfin, I think, had to code it for the screens to pop up. My car is only a week old plus it was the newest car in the lot, if that helps. Maybe the new ines have some already activated and probably need only a new indicator stalk with the lane assist button? Who knows. I think there was a drivers assist option in the mmi too. Not sure.

Edit:

So these are the screens from my car. The drivers assist doesn't hav the grey lines and the traffic recognition thing didn't recognize stop and speed limit signs.
I remember going through the OBDeleven options and drivers assist or lane change or something of that sort was deactivated. I guess these options are present in all cars, just not activated depending on trim/package.

Drivers assist without the grey or green lines

Traffic sign recognition option
My car was built in September of this year and delivered to the dealership three weeks ago, it have both the options in the console that yours has, but I had to follow the guide to enable active lane assist. Nothing was enabled by default except one option that the guide said may already be active.

Once I followed the guide, Active lane assist works, but it wasn't enabled prior to tweaking the code with my OBDEleven even though the screens for Active Lane Assist and Traffic Sign recognition were already on the screen.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by acruxksa
My car was built in September of this year and delivered to the dealership three weeks ago, it have both the options in the console that yours has, but I had to follow the guide to enable active lane assist. Nothing was enabled by default except one option that the guide said may already be active.

Once I followed the guide, Active lane assist works, but it wasn't enabled prior to tweaking the code with my OBDEleven even though the screens for Active Lane Assist and Traffic Sign recognition were already on the screen.
Thank you very much. I counted my chickens before they were hatched. I thought the two screens meant it was already activated from the factory. Realised today that it was just the display and nothing else. Will do the coding for active lane assist once winter is over.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Btw, how does one activate the lap timer using OBDeleven? I went to Controle module 17 (Dashboard). I saw Coding and Adaptations there. Both have an option called Lap counter. Didn't see a lap timer. When I clicked on lap counter under adaptations, there were three options - no display, display and not available. It was on no display. I changed it to display and clicked ok and it said adaptation accepted.
I then quit the software, switched off my car, removed the OBDeleven, switched on my car and I couldn't find the lap timer option in the first screen with the mpg counter, energy consumer counter and stuff. There was also that red tab only on the right side of the VC. No red tab on the left. So I went back on OBDeleven and changed the adaptation back to no display (which was how it was), clicked ok and it said adaptation accepted. Wonder what I did wrong?
If the lap timer has not been enabled, there will be no left tab displayed. So you have not enabled the lap timer yet. To enable the lap timer you must select lap counter in long coding and change the value to yes. and then don't forget to tap the green checkmark at the bottom right corner of the OBD 11 display. If you do not tap the green checkmark icon the coding has not yet been accepted.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acruxksa

What build of OBDeleven are you using? I have not been able to get into Central Electrics > Adaptations (or Coding or Basic Settings) without a "Description data not found" error. I have (Beta) 0.8.2.6.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe
If the lap timer has not been enabled, there will be no left tab displayed. So you have not enabled the lap timer yet. To enable the lap timer you must select lap counter in long coding and change the value to yes. and then don't forget to tap the green checkmark at the bottom right corner of the OBD 11 display. If you do not tap the green checkmark icon the coding has not yet been accepted.
Thank you very much. I will try that today and update here. I didn't know about the long coding option using the 1/0 tab. Will do it today.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Btw, has anyone tried changing the trunk opening duration using key from the standard 800ms to longer? I read that a few people did that and then couldn't open the trunk using the hands free method. Anyone faced that issue here?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks