A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johannes Schauss
Could somebody give me the long coding read out of the f5 module. Just wondering what the differences are and how to get the sim card slot activated here in Canada. This would also insure I didn't miss a setting for the usb ports. cheers
I'd love to know if this works with a Canadian A4. I'd buy an OBDEleven just to activate the card slot.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Google earth

I did manage to get Google Earth to display on my Canadian technik model. I achieved it trough wifi tethering which also enabled online poi search. I have yet to test the traffic function.
Audi connect subscription required.

On the usb port front I'm lost tho it seems that that the model either failed on me or doesn't have power. checked all the fuses that seemed applicable with no luck.

My f5 module is throwing a trouble now tho.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did manage to get Google Earth to display on my Canadian technik model. I achieved it trough wifi tethering which also enabled online poi search. I have yet to test the traffic function.
Audi connect subscription required.

On the usb port front I'm lost tho it seems that that the model either failed on me or doesn't have power. checked all the fuses that seemed applicable with no luck.

My f5 module is throwing a trouble now tho.

Can you please provide more details on what you did? I got a Technik and i'm really interested in this.

How did you configure wifi tethering?
Old 12-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Required adaptions for Google Earth

See below the screenshot my current Adaption under the F5 module/vehicle configuration
Wifi_client_hmi is the adaption that allows the wifi tethering of your phone. Allowing your Audi to share data with your phone.
After this adoption in the Connection, manager select data. Which will let you choose either Bluetooth or wifi tethering?
In map setting, you will now have the choice of google earth. This adoption even lets you utilize google street view.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

See below the screenshot my current Adaption under the F5 module/vehicle configuration
Wifi_client_hmi is the adaption that allows the wifi tethering of your phone. Allowing your Audi to share data with your phone.
After this adoption in the Connection, manager select data. Which will let you choose either Bluetooth or wifi tethering?
In map setting, you will now have the choice of google earth. This adoption even lets you utilize google street view.
I have a 17 technik sline as well and would love to get this to work. So you are saying what I need to do is go in to Wifi _client_hmi, change the adaptation, then go to connection manager and configure the data connection and I should be good to go?

Any other changes that I need to configure?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm ordering my OBDEleven tomorrow.

You my friend are a star
Old 12-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ekyp
I have a 17 technik sline as well and would love to get this to work. So you are saying what I need to do is go in to Wifi _client_hmi, change the adaptation, then go to connection manager and configure the data connection and I should be good to go?

Any other changes that I need to configure?

Thanks!
Yes I'm suggesting you change all the setting in the adoption, vehicle configuration. To match what i have provided above. These setting seemed to work for me. It also adds a few other functions like online search for nav and such.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I'm suggesting you change all the setting in the adoption, vehicle configuration. To match what i have provided above. These setting seemed to work for me. It also adds a few other functions like online search for nav and such.
Did you by any chance try the SIM card in the glove compartment? I see you changed LTE_module to activated which I believe is what enables the slot in US editions.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s_Fanous
Did you by any chance try the SIM card in the glove compartment? I see you changed LTE_module to activated which I believe is what enables the slot in US editions.
That's what i believed also but i had no luck on making it work trough the integrated sim slot. I also prefer the option of going trough the phone tho since it doesn't require me to maintain another account for the car sim,
Old 12-04-2016, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Made all the changes using vagcom and it works!! I now get google earth overlay in Canada!

Picture of VC in action here in Vancouver

I have tasker set up in my android phone to turn on hotspoton my phone when Bluetooth is connected. Works like a charm!

PS, for those who care, the new MIB2 in Audi now supports the display of Asian characters! I was shocked when I saw this at first.

Thanks!

Last edited by ekyp; 12-04-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks