A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy
I'm not at all sure that it's very easy to see what's on the screen in any car, much less in one that has window tinting. I've pulled up alongside a couple of A4's as well as other cars with screens that are up high. All I can tell is that something is one the screen, but I sure couldn't tell what. Besides, a cop is driving around looking for a lot of actually important things and I can't imagine one that is driving around, looking into cars to see if there is a movie on the screen.
Some of the cops in my area unfortunately have nothing better to do. But Utah also has a lot of families with built in media systems for their kids to watch things so I would think they would overlook it thinking it was that.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Some of the cops in my area unfortunately have nothing better to do. But Utah also has a lot of families with built in media systems for their kids to watch things so I would think they would overlook it thinking it was that.
Well, I spent 36 years being a cop and I never once even looked to see what was on someone's screen. But then I never wrote many traffic tickets over those 36 years. Traffic tickets are all about revenue, not safety. I remember once when the City Council wrote a letter to us in the Police Department telling us that they'd just hired a bunch of new people in the Municipal Court and that we needed to get on our cops to write a lot more tickets to pay for them. What a joke.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
Well, I spent 36 years being a cop and I never once even looked to see what was on someone's screen. But then I never wrote many traffic tickets over those 36 years. Traffic tickets are all about revenue, not safety. I remember once when the City Council wrote a letter to us in the Police Department telling us that they'd just hired a bunch of new people in the Municipal Court and that we needed to get on our cops to write a lot more tickets to pay for them. What a joke.
Yeah I hate ticket quotas, I just try not to drive at the end of the month. And I hate when people say they don't have ticket quotas, or point systems!
Old 01-15-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know that someone somewhere is going to turn on video in motion and get pulled over while watching ****...
Old 01-15-2017, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

But are there any other side effects of turn on video in motion, I think I saw mention that it might disable a disclaimer popup when setting a destination - is that true?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can confirm it will work with OBDEleven though there isn't much that can be changed mainly just navigation things bummer I thought his is where the missing link for a few things would be.

How did you do this with OBD11?
I just get an error. Were you able to set the diagnostic session to Engineer mode?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mlavio829
How did you do this with OBD11?
I just get an error. Were you able to set the diagnostic session to Engineer mode?
Yes I'm 5F you select (i think, my phone was stolen so now can't verify) development mode and then go into adaptations and activate developer mode, then reset and one it reboots press NAV + Radio together till the green menu starts
Old 01-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, so I have someone with a Vagcom cable to do some coding changes for my 2017 A4 (Canada) mode (NON-audi connect)l and found a page or two of interesting codes.

I know nothing about how to do this so he said just to email him what codes I want changed/altered.

anyone a whiz at this who can write the ones needed to :
-activate" TMC (enable it)
-enable LTE (to use with my phone via hotspot), see google maps

amd anything else useful that a non-Audi Connect model could use?

i know I'll get "try reading" or "search" but I did and not sure exactly what to email him.

thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tgs2017
Hey guys, so I have someone with a Vagcom cable to do some coding changes for my 2017 A4 (Canada) mode (NON-audi connect)l and found a page or two of interesting codes.

I know nothing about how to do this so he said just to email him what codes I want changed/altered.

anyone a whiz at this who can write the ones needed to :
-activate" TMC (enable it)
-enable LTE (to use with my phone via hotspot), see google maps

amd anything else useful that a non-Audi Connect model could use?

i know I'll get "try reading" or "search" but I did and not sure exactly what to email him.

thanks in advance.
Hey, I've consolidated all the info in one thread here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-audi-2912779/

Hope this helps
Old 01-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'm 5F you select (i think, my phone was stolen so now can't verify) development mode and then go into adaptations and activate developer mode, then reset and one it reboots press NAV + Radio together till the green menu starts
That worked no issue accessing the menu. Have you found any use for it? I've been reading the German wiki and they do have instruction on how to activate the traffic recognition. Are you still working on trying to get that function going. My car already has the function activated so I could check if it works.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks