A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BiscuitEmbryo
You can close the trunk lid with the key??? Surely that can't be right.
I'm guessing in the allroad, you can close the trunk using the keys.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have it but on the Avant (not on the Sedan) in Europe you can indeed open and close the trunk with the confort key...
So, it should be possible...

Last edited by jee-esteke; 02-16-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not sure it's just the allroad, the manual doesn't specify it as such. I would invite any A4 sedan owners (with convenience key) to try this: open your trunk, stand behind your car (within 9 ft.), press and hold the trunk button until "something" happens... maybe you'll just see the lights blink and hear the trunk unlock sound, but maybe you'll be surprised and the trunk will close for you.

Since all I have to go on is what my allroad does and the manual, I'm just guessing here. I'm not even sure if it's limited to Prestige trim level or extends further. But I'm very curious.

I'd like to adapt this function so that it acts more like other vehicles that have this function, i.e. the Toyota Highlander allows closing of the trunk lid from any distance as long as the remote key has the range.

While on my lunch break, I skimmed through the Adaptations menu using OBDEleven for the Deck Lid module 6D and didn't see anything related to the remote key or proximity. May require some more in-depth coding.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think on a sedan it won't work, because opening the trunk is done by releasing a spring. there's no engine in there. The trunk pops open when opened while on the avant the trunk is opened slowly...
Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for that insight.

I may be in a very limited minority of the B9 market here. Though, I'm guessing the power liftgate operates similarly on the 2017 Q7. Guess I'll try inquiring over on the Q7 section. Either way, I'll report back my coding success/failure.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by _SlugBug_
I'm not sure it's just the allroad, the manual doesn't specify it as such. I would invite any A4 sedan owners (with convenience key) to try this: open your trunk, stand behind your car (within 9 ft.), press and hold the trunk button until "something" happens... maybe you'll just see the lights blink and hear the trunk unlock sound, but maybe you'll be surprised and the trunk will close for you.
Tried it on my new A4 Prestige sedan, didn't close.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sprior
Tried it on my new A4 Prestige sedan, didn't close.
It won't work on the sedan. It will work only in cars that have a button on the trunk lid to close it, since there is a motor. The A4 sedan doesn't have that.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Sure it wont't. Any power trunk/liftgate will have a power close button inside the car usually on driver side. I noticed it day one that this car (sedan it is) don't have a button.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by minmet
Sure it wont't. Any power trunk/liftgate will have a power close button inside the car usually on driver side. I noticed it day one that this car (sedan it is) don't have a button.
There's a button on the inside of the trunk lid too, which you hit to automatically close the boot lid.

Photo for reference.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

This must be your X3's. Surely all power liftgate must have one at the gate. The button inside the car will allow for remote open and close. Say you drop off your kids at school in the morning. just stay in the car. push the button to pop the liftgate to let them get backpacks. Push the button again to close the gate then drive off. Easy life. LOL

Last edited by minmet; 02-16-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks